• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wide Format Printer with White + Mesh Kit?

Dukenukem117

I've been looking for a wide format printer (54" min) that has both a mesh kit (AKA ink collector) and white ink for outdoor prints. So far I've only been able to find one or the other. HP Latex has mesh kit but no white, and Mimaki UV/Roland UV have white but no mesh kit.

The only printers I've found that have both are grand format printers like CET color, Agfa, and EFI that requires a giant space and a giant budget.

Am I SOL?

AKwrapguy

I've been looking for a wide format printer (54" min) that has both a mesh kit (AKA ink collector) and white ink for outdoor prints. So far I've only been able to find one or the other. HP Latex has mesh kit but no white, and Mimaki UV/Roland UV have white but no mesh kit.

The only printers I've found that have both are grand format printers like CET color, Agfa, and EFI that requires a giant space and a giant budget.

Am I SOL?

Why not look at out sourcing it? But you could also get a mesh with a liner. We've done it before and it's fine. Make sure you do your research on white ink as well.
Depending on the job size Hp has just released a new hybrid in the R series that's a little more affordable.

Dukenukem117

Why don't you just use a mesh with a liner?
Then you can still use any other solvent machine that offers white.

We need to print a very specific mesh that doesn't come lined. Otherwise you're right, and life would be much simpler.

Why not look at out sourcing it? But you could also get a mesh with a liner. We've done it before and it's fine. Make sure you do your research on white ink as well.
Depending on the job size Hp has just released a new hybrid in the R series that's a little more affordable.

We are considering that for a test run, but we can't make that work financially for full production. The markup is just too much, so it makes much more sense to own/lease a printer ourselves.

Yes your SOL

Looks that way. =(

shoresigns

We need to print a very specific mesh that doesn't come lined. Otherwise you're right, and life would be much simpler.

If you've got enough jobs coming in to justify buying a printer for this very specific mesh, maybe the mesh manufacturer would consider adding a lining for you? Manufacturers will often do custom runs if you're ordering in volume.

Also, this sounds like the type of question BigfishDM would have an answer for, if you told us what's so special about this very specific mesh material.

Dukenukem117

If you've got enough jobs coming in to justify buying a printer for this very specific mesh, maybe the mesh manufacturer would consider adding a lining for you? Manufacturers will often do custom runs if you're ordering in volume.

Also, this sounds like the type of question BigfishDM would have an answer for, if you told us what's so special about this very specific mesh material.

Unfortunately the mesh manufacturers would not have the connections or capabilities. I wish I could disclose more about the project at this moment, but a lot of it is still confidential for at least another month or two. It's simply not thought of as a "printing media" because its not marketed as such. It's not even spooled for printing so we are building our own custom-spooler.