• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Wide Format Sublimation Printers

TomK

Hey All,

I've been reading more about dye sublimation, and it looks like a lot of sublimation is used for smallish promotional stuff (cups, mugs, water bottles, etc) and clothing...just curious what people do with the large format printers 40"+ and bigger, like from Roland and Epson.

What are other large format things that people sublimate onto?

Trying to learn something new this week, and found this interesting, hence my questions.

Atomic DNA

Tom, large and grand format printers are used for a wide variety of printing. Soft signage, roll to roll printing and even printing onto hard substrates such as aluminum. As SignMeUpGraphics stated, it is endless. We use ours for our apparel manufacturing. Here are a couple of samples we produce.

Attachments

• DragonQZ1.jpg
    DragonQZ1.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Outlaws_Proof1.jpg
    Outlaws_Proof1.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 311

Sunney

How good is Sublimation for Vacuum-thermoformed sign substrates as in samples attached, please ?

Attachments

• Screened, Vacformed sign samples..jpg
    Screened, Vacformed sign samples..jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 319