• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will choosing Caldera over Onyx limit our media choices?

PrintItBig

Hi,

We're trying to make the choice between a L26500 and an eco solvent machine.

One reservation we have about the latex machines is the more limited media choice available compared to the eco solvents. I realise that the latex can print on other substrates the eco solvents can't, like fabrics etc but we're more interested in roller banner films, PVC banner, window films, SAV etc

My question: We've had a look at both Onyx and Caldera and of the 2 we prefer the look / work flow of Caldera. The problem is that Onyx seems to be the more popular rip with more profiles available for it. If we were to go down the Caldera route are we going to further limit the materials we can easily print on due to the lack of profiles?

Thanks.

Matt-Tastic

there are hundreds of profiles available for the L26500. Being in Europe, you should have several profiles for medias we don't have in the states. Caldera shouldn't be a bottleneck for your profiles, as I often go to the European websites (orafol.com mostly) to find caldera profiles.

Plus, easymedia is simple, and as long as you don't need a REALLY dialed in profile, you can make your own right on the L26500. it takes a couple hours to run them, but the machine/software does most of the work for you.

bigben

I have caldera with easymedia (and l26500 printer). I love it. I'm a former Roland user and I would never go back. You can get most of the profiles on European sites and if you not, I use easymedia to create it.

dypinc

Hi,

We're trying to make the choice between a L26500 and an eco solvent machine.

One reservation we have about the latex machines is the more limited media choice available compared to the eco solvents. I realise that the latex can print on other substrates the eco solvents can't, like fabrics etc but we're more interested in roller banner films, PVC banner, window films, SAV etc

My question: We've had a look at both Onyx and Caldera and of the 2 we prefer the look / work flow of Caldera. The problem is that Onyx seems to be the more popular rip with more profiles available for it. If we were to go down the Caldera route are we going to further limit the materials we can easily print on due to the lack of profiles?

Thanks.
\

Why are you not creating your own profiles?

You sure would not limit yourself like that would you?