• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will eco solvent ink cure if you don't heat it?

VL

Tried printing on some chrome mirror material today. It prints the ink perfect but after a few feet the material starts to come off the backer sheet and tunnel. If I turn the heat off will the ink cure and if so how long will I have to wait to in order to use my print? Or does anyone have a suggestion on a specific brand material that works without the tunnel issues?

hansman

Is the chrome material eco solvent compatabile?
If so I would use low heat for certain. Having said that I have tried printing on silver foil with eco sol and it just wiped off.

Snydo

It will cure with time, I've used low pre-feed temps, and pretty high platen temps with good results on chrome and reflective films on our solv & eco sol.
Heavy coverage can be rough to dial in on the chrome.

Best of Luck.

Cyw

RTape vinylEFX chrome, silver & gold are all totally compatable for Eco-solvent ink and it prints beautifully on my VC.
totally dry to the touch coming off the machine

absolutely no drying, smearing or tunneling issues.

splizaat

If you plan to CUT the vinylefx, good luck. Everything we've every cut on that material will literally curl completely off the liner.

kanini

We print a bit on the R-tape FX chrome with Roland eco-sol and we print, wait a few days to a week(!), laminate and cut. Works well but then we also don't cut right to the colours. It's very important to not cut near the colours otherwise it will curl like nothing else. We also use little to no heat to avoid curling, and it dries after a few days.

Typestries

Possible workaround-print on clear an apply the clear over the chrome. Works pretty darn well actually especially if you print onto an optically clear vinyl but regular clear might just suit your needs too.