• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will install after we finish building the ark!

SignManiac

Well the rain has not stopped for two days. Of course I have four projects with critical deadlines and they all need installing...

Finished this one up yesterday and hope we can get it in on Friday, but it's not looking to good. This is a double face free standing monument. Entirely made of PVC except the logo. I made that from 3/16" acrylic, stacked in three separate layers. The colors are a lot nicer outside than they are in the shop with florescents on them.

Attachments

• St.Leo-01.jpg
    St.Leo-01.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 190
  • St.Leo-02.jpg
    St.Leo-02.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 87
  • St.Leo-03.jpg
    St.Leo-03.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 140

njshorts

lookin good! come rescue us when you're done, i almost had to get on a pair of waders to get to the shop.

SignManiac

My front door to the shop floods to about 6" deep, just barely coming up to the top of the slab. I built a 24' dock last month so I didn't have step in the water to get out of the building!

Marlene

soooo nice. is that textured PVC that you used? seems like I remember a thread about the textured stuff a while back. photos never look as good as the real thing so if it looks this good in the pix, it must be really something to see. as always, your work is outstanding!

SignManiac

Thanks everyone. Hope it inspires others to visit the third dimension or better known as the Signlight Zone!

Marlene yes, it's textured PVC. Just enough to give it a rustic appearance. I have another one in the works for the University of South Florida. Here is what their graphic artist sent me to make, and here's what I ended up designing instead.

Attachments

• UCF Before.jpg
    UCF Before.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 138
  • UCF After.jpg
    UCF After.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Marlene

me likes the textured PVC!

nice job re-working the university sign. that wil look great too. you are one of my favorite sign makers on the site and I always enjoy seeing your work!

sar bossier

Hey, Floridians ... PLEASE send us that rain. Would be GLAD to take it off your hands ... we NEED that kinda flood!! lol

Fitch

Nice job.... would have liked to see the line between smooth and textured "hidden" a bit better, maybe a pinstripe two tones up or down maybe?

Cheers - G