• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Win 7 and Summa S class Driver issue

willkho

Hi all,

I just got a second hand summa driver S class and downloaded the usb driver from summa's site.
I successfully installed the driver onto win 7. However, windows 7 said it's not digitally signed and didn't allow the driver to run.
This issue made the plotter not detected and can't be used.

The only way to run the driver is to put windows 7 into test mode and everything is running perfectly.
This is not really an ideal situation since the computer will be open to other malicious driver.

Any idea how to run this driver in normal mode?

I've tried many way from google by running gpedit.msc to bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON
but none of them worked.

How did you guys install yours?

Thanks in advance.

FrankW

Regularly, Windows gives a warning about that the driver is not signed, but allows the choice to install or not. Could be a problem of your security settings.

jimdtg

Regularly, Windows gives a warning about that the driver is not signed, but allows the choice to install or not. Could be a problem of your security settings.

It happens with Windows x64 platform. Issue comes from inside Window code, not security settings.

jimdtg

willkho , did you download USB driver from summa eu website?

Code:
https://www.summa.eu/en/vinyl-cutter-downloads