• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Cling badge print problem

heyskull

Over the last few years we had a client who would purchase 12,000 sequential numbered 3" front printed digital printed & contour cut badges each year.
These are for use in a hospital car park to show the wardens that these are staff parking.
2014, 2015 & 2016 badges I had no complaint using the same supplier for window cling and inks.
In March of 2017 I get a call from my client saying the print was coming away from the material & being left on the windscreen of the cars when removed.
This I could only put down to a faulty batch of cling as I have had no issues with the ink on other materials.
The company who supplied the cling quickly sent another roll (maybe rather to quickly!) of material and took the previous roll back for testing.
After a number of months they concluded that it was something they could not replicate.
I sent test samples of all previous badges but they also confirmed that these were fine.
They are now saying this matter is closed and the replacement roll was compensation enough.
I personally am getting a lot of grief for this issue and my client is wanting these reprinted.
This is not an issue, but due to the amount of print time and man hours, contour cutting and splitting these up I am stood to loose a lot on these.
How do I make my client understand that their is a charge for this still (if only for my time at a discounted rate) and I cannot be held responsible for a manufacturers fault?

SC

Bly

If it was me I'd suck it up and reprint them using a different stock.
It sounds like a decent order for a valuable customer.

heyskull

I've been told once this order is completed they will not be ordering them again.
Also they have asked to reprint all 12,000 of them!
So I have asked them to return all of them to confirm these have failed.
I think they are trying to get this years for free!!!

SC

GlavinID

Personally, I would tell them that since they are not going to be a return customer, and they are a very time consuming job that they will basically get them when they get them, I wouldn't kill myself to get them done, just work on them in between jobs when time allows. If you just refuse to do the job over you have the potential of getting negative feedback from them to other customers, and that is never good!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Wait, a customer of yours received a defective product, and now you want tell the customer of yours that they need to pay you more than your original quoted price?

Why aren't they ordering them again - do they not need them anymore or did you anger them? Always treat all orders as one-time deals and price accordingly, there is NEVER a guarantee of future work.

CJ-NYC

Personally, I would tell them that since they are not going to be a return customer, and they are a very time consuming job that they will basically get them when they get them, I wouldn't kill myself to get them done, just work on them in between jobs when time allows. If you just refuse to do the job over you have the potential of getting negative feedback from them to other customers, and that is never good!

Yeah, if they've started with 'you'll never get another job from me' then I wouldn't make them your highest priority. To defuse the matter I would thank them for bringing the matter to your attention, and then do your best to feed them the badges over time.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've never had success with face-printed clings. I always reverse print on the rear of clear decals.

fresh

Also, if the problem wasn't able to be duplicated, perhaps it was some kind of treatment to the inside of the glass that caused the adhesion loss. Not only that, I fail to see the big deal. Do they reuse these decals? Like, do they take them on and off regularly? They are supposed to stick to the material, which is what they do. I don't pretend to offer guarantees on any product's removal.

I'd be inclined to offer a credit for "all" of the damaged decals, if they can return them to you. I'm not talking about the stock that they ordered and didnt use. But decals that were removed in two pieces. I think this person is trying to scam you for a free set this year.

AKwrapguy

Do you have any pics of what they looked like removed? Was it every single sticker or was it just few? Why are they not re-ordering? There is a lot of missing info here.

heyskull

Problem is all I think this customer is doing is trying to get this years permits for free.
My question is why wasn't this issue raised before march 2017?!!
I have had no pictures from this client but have had issues with the material on other jobs.

SC