• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window film?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What kind of non-perf digital print vinyl would you use for a 3'x5' square decal? Would there be a reason not to use air release?

Johnny Best

This is for an install on glass for a 3'x5'. Use cast air release if it is going to stay on for awhile and calender air release if just for a short time. You should by now be able to put a decal that size on glass without having air release with no bubbles or wrinkles. One question: how is a 3'x5' decal a square? Either 3'x3' or 5'x5' would make it square. Or do you mean it has square corners.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Square corners. I can most of the time, some days seem more difficult for no reason. The vinyl I was sent was real thick. I use air release but when third parties send they use regular.

Marlene

Square corners. I can most of the time, some days seem more difficult for no reason. The vinyl I was sent was real thick. I use air release but when third parties send they use regular.

we get from national sign companies vinyl to install that is not how we would do it all the time. did they put transfer tape on it or is it the decal only? if it is crappy thick vinyl, probably some cheap calendar, you can try a wet application. if there's transfer tape on it, it makes a wet app harder but it can be done.

bannertime

Center hinge and go for it. That laminate will keep it tight. Have an assistant keep a good angle and distance from the window while you apply the graphic with a good squeegee technique. Should take about 10 minutes for clean, prep, install. Air release is a crutch!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Sorry I got it wrong, decal was 4'x6'. I usually center hinge but the size worried me with it being windy and on a ladder solo...so I hinged from the top which was the 4' length. Bubbles did occur at the end so maybe center hinge would have been better.