• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Cold Weather Install

Xtreme_Sign_Guy

Could any of you tell me some tips on doing an exterior perf job in cold weather? I'm in Winnipeg Canada, probably the coldest city in Canada. I have a full storefront to perf and right now the temps are starting to dip below 0 (that's celsius) I have noticed some companies here have done cold weather installs, but they are tight-lipped with their techniques.

So if any of you great vets of the trade can help, that would be fantastic!

HulkSmash

Here's a tip don't do a wet install in freezing weather. If you can do a dry install you should have no problem.

Xtreme_Sign_Guy

Here's a tip don't do a wet install in freezing weather. If you can do a dry install you should have no problem.

I have never put perf down wet. My concern is the window being too cold for the adhesive to stick. If you need heat?... Inside or out?... Before or after?... How much?... Without worrying about the glass cracking.

You think just a dry regular install is fine at those temps without heat?

B-RAD Graphics

If possible make a temporary inclosure and put a heater in there..they do whole buildings like that thru the winter here..doing cement finishes. :thumb:

Xtreme_Sign_Guy

I thought there might be something easier than tarping off the storefront. Thanks to all of your suggestions, they were greatly appreciated. I guess I'm off to the lumber yard so I can build a shelter.
:)