• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf lamination help!

Jonas

Hello Everyone,
New to the forums, not new to printing, new to wide format. That being said, I am having a huge problem with storefront window perf that we have to laminate here in sunny Florida. The problem I am having repeatedly is the after I print the perf off our HP Latex 360, let it sit a few hours then laminate on our GBC Spire II 64c cold laminator with Clear Focus Clearlam, we are experiencing the laminate pulling off the backing and when installed it bubbles, and tunnels. From what I have read from this forum that it is very good to use vinyl laminate with vinyl perf as opposed to polyester like we are currently using. Should that be the case, can someone clearly describe why?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 112

papabud

Lone Wolf
window perf is something i end up doing a lot.
i also use the hp 360.
no real need to let your printed perf sit as the latex doesnt need to outgas.
i also use the clear focus lam.
here is what you need to remember.
the lam will always fight to return to its natural shape.
set your laminator up with very little tension so your not over stretching the lam.
run it nice and slow. with very good pressure.
cut it out after you laminate it. if you try to cut before laminating it will go all wonky on you.
and when you install it, work it nice and slow from one side to the other. dont try to do it all at once.