• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window perf problem

mikec265

:frustrated:I purchased a 54 inch by 164ft roll of window perf from ebay cheap ($164). when i roll out the material it starts to lift off of the backing during printing. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I think it is bad or old matrial maybe. I have never had any problems with the material from bigfish here on the forum and have allready ordered more from him which I should have done in the first place. even when cold or warm from my rolands heater it bubbles up off of the backing when it is unrolled on a flat surface. Any1 ever heard of this problem b4? :frustrated:

By the way the ebay seller is "getsignstoday" in Provo, UT just to warn any1. Do not buy from getsignstoday

So far I reccommend bigfishdm by far as the best supplier on this forum or anywhere else.

kylebrk

Buying stuff from ebay should be for laughs or an experiment. Did you honestly expect it to go any different?

The good stuff is priced the way it is for a reason. It's the good stuff. smh

anotherdog

Is that in any way similar to a customer expecting that the $125 banner stand on Ebay will be the same quality as the ones I sell?

Thank you, that has lifted my weekend.

Now, knowing the quality of the roll you have, are you really going to burn your customers by selling it to them?

lesson learnt i hope......don't buy your materials of some random guy on ebay! you'll never know how old the stuff is, how its been handled, maybe even a non name brand. buy from a reputable supplier or mm on signs101.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I've had that happen before with name brand perf as well but rare. Have seen it multiple times on cheapo perf. Not sure of the cause but my guesses have always been either old material or improper storage at some point which can cause problems too. Cannot say I've ever bought media on eBay though. Parts and whatnot yeah...

ChicagoGraphics

Thanks for the heads up, I was gonna buy a roll from Ebay but now knowing it's 100% junk I won't wast my money on it. I do know that film you bought is 6 to 9 months old that's what the seller told me, who knows probably older then that.

heres a few tips on perf that i've learnt over the years.

make sure you store your perf in a controlled enviroment, temp/humidity. if you can keep the material in the same area your printer is in as most people have a controlled enviroment for there machines(that goes for all materials, but perf in my experience is more trouble if its stored in a colder area)

lower your temps......we have to have our temps on the printer way down so the perf does not tunnel(the lifting off the backing paper your refering to) and i have in the past even pre heated the area around the back off the printer with a small heater so the perf is sitting for 10 mins in warmer air so it does not tunnel before i feed it into the printer for print.......

these are tried and tested methods, you'll soon work out what will work and what won't! getting a decent material will help also.

SurfaceSigns

Keep in mind that eBay has a Buyer Protection program in place. If there is an issue with the product, contact the seller and give them an opportunity to fix it. Send them a few pictures of the issue, and ask for a refund or a replacement roll. Do as much of the communication via eBay Messages so that in the event of a Buyer Protection claim, eBay can follow the transaction.

The seller in question is a fairly new and low volume seller, but I noticed they also have 100% positive feedback. That includes 3 buyers of the Perf that left positive feedback recently. If the product was all bad, they would have had someone leave a Negative.

If they are not willing to address the issue, file a claim with eBay. If you want your money back, you'll have to send the product back, and provide the tracking info to eBay.

The problem with the perf could be any number of things, as others have mentioned. I've had issues with Brand Name Perf in the past, as well as the stuff BigFishDM sells. Perf seems more sensitive than other media.

Good Luck

getsignstoday

Perforated vinyl on ebay

Hello to every one. This is Renato from ebay (getsignstoday) I will like to make things clear for the confusion Mike is trying create and trow dirt on me.

1. The material is not old, i have sold more than 100 rolls nation wide and of course Mike is the only one who has complain. Look at my feedback and selling history all customers are happy.

2. I have to disagree to who ever says that paying more is always better. Maybe those people dont know that big companies like 3M avery manufacture in china to lower cost and are branded after so they can sell in the US for three times more than the same product and same specifications like my rolls.

3. I have spoke with mike on the phone and what he told me is that he is cutting pieces from the roll and putting them on his printer. The reason he is doing that is because he has a 30 inch printer and the roll i sold him is 54 inches. Every sign professional knows that that material needs to be printed directly from the roll.

I can understand why Mike is soo upset because he open a claim on ebay and of course lost the case.

So my friends, who ever wants to try my rolls feel free to try it out and see for your self how good this material is.

Who ever is interested i can provided 10 references from around the country from customers that have bought not one but 30 rolls at once.
I will give you their email and phone number so you can call them and ask how good my rolls are.

Email me with any questions renato@getsignstoday.com

cooltouch

so it sounds like your stuck with that roll of perf...now if you should so choose to keep using it take it to your local supplier and tell him to cut it down to a 30" roll.

on another note when i had solvent i had that problem...it was actually a problem with the liner getting to hot and causing the material and liner to sep (so check your heat)...just giving you the benefit of the doubt if the material is not outdated.

however i did fix it by changing to a pricier heavier liner perf.

Dakotagrafx

I'm still not risking my reputation on cheap material that I didn't get from a reputable distributor - there just isn't that big of a difference per sq ft to make it worth disappointing a customer.
Love the auctions for .99 with $165 shipping LOL - sorry didn't mean to "Trow dirt"

Dakotagrafx

yeh you can't avoid the fees any more that way but it still seems quite underhanded - someone that doesn't pay close attention to shipping thinks they are getting a deal at .99 just to get a nasty awakening. that's why I hate the practice. I haven't been burned but know that it would be easy to catch up one of my elderly parents like that

SurfaceSigns

As a very active eBay seller myself, I find it frustrating to see that people view eBay deals as cheap garbage. Like any large marketplace, it has a lot of everything, and it's products span both the quality and cost spectrums. I look at it like a VERY large mall. Just because the product was purchased on eBay does't make it crap.

Many on these board speak well of BigFishDM and his products, which led me to buy his perf for a large job last spring. I can't tell you how much I hated the material. It curled, the adhesive failed, and it was messy. Sure, I saved a few hundred dollars on the roll, but when I had to pull the entire job down and reprint it with another product, I was wishing I had stuck with the more expensive product in the first place. Due to the cost of returning the product (I'm in Canada), I just sucked it up and chalked it up to experience.

What I'm getting at is that you can get bad material anywhere. In my eyes, it's how the problem is dealt with by the supplier that really matters.

kylebrk

Hello to every one. This is Renato from ebay (getsignstoday) I will like to make things clear for the confusion Mike is trying create and trow dirt on me.

1. The material is not old, i have sold more than 100 rolls nation wide and of course Mike is the only one who has complain. Look at my feedback and selling history all customers are happy.

2. I have to disagree to who ever says that paying more is always better. Maybe those people dont know that big companies like 3M avery manufacture in china to lower cost and are branded after so they can sell in the US for three times more than the same product and same specifications like my rolls.

3. I have spoke with mike on the phone and what he told me is that he is cutting pieces from the roll and putting them on his printer. The reason he is doing that is because he has a 30 inch printer and the roll i sold him is 54 inches. Every sign professional knows that that material needs to be printed directly from the roll.

I can understand why Mike is soo upset because he open a claim on ebay and of course lost the case.

So my friends, who ever wants to try my rolls feel free to try it out and see for your self how good this material is.

Who ever is interested i can provided 10 references from around the country from customers that have bought not one but 30 rolls at once.
I will give you their email and phone number so you can call them and ask how good my rolls are.

ship me a roll for free and ill gladly tell you what i think of it.

mikec265

Just so you know renalto is trying to put words in my mouth and is a lying piece of refried beans!:ROFLMAO::wavingflag::wavingflag::wavingflag:
Lie # 1 that I caught him in- His add states that he purchased 200 rolls from a company that went out of business...... He told me he got them from china on the phone... Lie busted!
lie # 2- renalto said " I have spoke with mike on the phone and what he told me is that he is cutting pieces from the roll and putting them on his printer. The reason he is doing that is because he has a 30 inch printer and the roll i sold him is 54 inches. Every sign professional knows that that material needs to be printed directly from the roll."....... I told bean dip that I cut the roll into 2 27inch rolls not a million small pieces. Lie #2 busted!:wavingflag:
Lie # 3-Qoute ChicagoGraphicsThanks for the heads up, I was gonna buy a roll from Ebay but now knowing it's 100% junk I won't wast my money on it. I do know that film you bought is 6 to 9 months old that's what the seller told me, who knows probably older then that.

He told me via ebay message in december that it was all 5 months old!:ROFLMAO::omg2:Lie #3 busted!

When I talked to renalto on the phone he could not understand english enough to have a conversation with an american. He can hardly speak english as well.

We americans need to put a stop to Obama and his pro welfare and pro illegal immegrant ways in 2012.
B.O. stinks! Pull the lever to flush the turd in november 2012!:ROFLMAO::toasting::goodpost:now grab your popcorn see whats next kids!:popcorn::clapping::beer

Last edited: