• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Tips

JLD984

Hi all, relatively new to applying window perf and having a lot of trouble with air bubbles. I'm using optically clear laminate which is scratching way too easily so I haven't been too keen to push that hard with the squeegee. Any help appreciated.

rjssigns

If there is nothing legal stating you need to use a laminate stop using it. We don't laminate any of our perf. Just gets sprayed with SW Kut-In clear. Over here there are a few counties/states that require it. Most don't AFAIK.

MagnificentBastid

If you have to laminate, then I recommend using 3M 8518 laminate instead of the optically clear. If you compare the laminates, you'll find them identical when it comes to how clear they are. However, applying some heat to the 8518 allows for some of the streaking and bubbles to go away.