• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf.

nitro2010

Randy
I have went through several different manufacturers of Window Perf. and have not found anything that i just love. I have used Clear Focus, Brightline, & SHIL, but nothing lasts very long. I have to put edge seal tape on everything. Any thoughts of anything out there that works well, without breaking the bank?

Thanks

Dan360

We've settled on ContraVision over the years, decent price and it lasts. Our shop windows were done in ultraflex about 4-5 years ago, and apart from some fading they're still looking good (some edge sealed, some not). I just didn't like how the ultraflex printed.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yeah, give me a shot! Sell lots of perf all over the country and in here, have some great deals right now.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have went through several different manufacturers of Window Perf. and have not found anything that i just love. I have used Clear Focus, Brightline, & SHIL, but nothing lasts very long. I have to put edge seal tape on everything. Any thoughts of anything out there that works well, without breaking the bank?

Thanks

You should always use edge tape regardless, fyi.

jimmmi

I never used edge tape all these yeears with perf and never had any problem. Even on vehicles

strypguy

Just sent back two rolls of clear focus for defects in the adhesive. Anyone else using this brand and having any issues lately?

Dan360

Just sent back two rolls of clear focus for defects in the adhesive. Anyone else using this brand and having any issues lately?

We stopped using it because of similar problems over a year ago. Most common was laminate separating from perf during install.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We stopped using it because of similar problems over a year ago. Most common was laminate separating from perf during install.
Sounds like a laminate issue or maybe an ink issue, not the perf.

nitro2010

Randy
I print using either a Roland XC-540 or and Epson S80600. I usually don't laminate, because it seems to take away form the colors.

Reveal1

We mostly spray laminate using clearstar. Explain the differences (better dry visibility, temp wet distortion, dirt) and customers usually elect that. I keep samples in shop to demonstrate. We don't laminate if 6 mos. or less. Also set expectation that perf is good for 1-3 years tops and more difficult ($) to remove the older it gets.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Thanks

Ever seen this one!? You should show your clients that you can do this also!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B38NqjmB-_Y/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Squared2002

Has any heard of the House Brand from Montroy Supply called "Moncor" they make a 70/30 or at least they claim to make it but all the data looks to be a Chinese Manufactured Perf? We have a sales person that has a relationship with Montroy trying to corner us into buying it but I can get the House Brand (Que Media, QM-OWVCL) from Laird for $200 cheaper a roll. If I am buying Chinese Crap I would rather save a little money if possible but don't know enough about either brand to determine if one is better than the other for UV Printing? Graphic takes about 9 rolls, goes on outside glass on the side of a building, and is only up for about a month. Thoughts?