• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Pref

danger

Looking for what the best material is with lam to do windows I've tried 2 no name brands recommended by a supplier but i think they think i wanted cheap and that is not the case i want the best and I'm printing on a hp360

ikarasu

If you want reliable and not cheap... 3m and Avery make a brand. And optically clear laminate. Just ask your supplier for 3m perf... Avery is cheaper a d just as good, imo. Never go generic for anything you want to last beyond a few weeks.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If you want reliable and not cheap... 3m and Avery make a brand. And optically clear laminate. Just ask your supplier for 3m perf... Avery is cheaper a d just as good, imo. Never go generic for anything you want to last beyond a few weeks.

Wait till you give mine a shot, been a big perf supplier for many many years! If you want CAST perf use 3M, most perf jobs now are being used for 1-3 year applications if not shorter.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Looking for what the best material is with lam to do windows I've tried 2 no name brands recommended by a supplier but i think they think i wanted cheap and that is not the case i want the best and I'm printing on a hp360

For the laminate, I recommend using the Oracal 290GF

ams

I recommend the Oracal perf, great stuff. But also if they don't want perf, check out Glass Adhere.

ikarasu

Wait till you give mine a shot, been a big perf supplier for many many years! If you want CAST perf use 3M, most perf jobs now are being used for 1-3 year applications if not shorter.
I'd love to.. your perf looks great, especially the holographic! Unfortunately I'm not in charge of what the company I work for uses... and I doubt I'd ever have enough window perf jobs for my home printer to justify buying it... add to the fact I'm in Canada and shipping / duties destroys any potential savings.... makes it impossible!

You guys should open up a warehouse in Canada! Our shipping is crappy though, it's probably cheaper for you to ship a roll of media from America to Canada, than it is from Canada to Canada...

[Edit] I wasn't lumping you guys in with the Generic brands btw! I've only heard great things about your media.

I was asked to look at some window perf for a client... He got it done at another shop. It was cracking all along the edges, and wasnt even on for a year. He wanted me to trim the cracking away to make it last longer. so as a favor we trimmed away all the stuff that was peeling and cracking... then I looked at the window perf and decided to do a peel test to see how strong the glue was. The glue was like a sludge... There was no resistance at all when I tried to pull it off. you could even slide the window perf around with enough force.... I asked him what he paid, and he paid close to the same that we charge for 3M/cast with install.

The "Generic" brands I refer to are the ones you can find on craigslist for $100 a roll... the ones that are obviously imported Chinese brands made for pennies on the dollar.

There are a lot of good brands out there, even non-cast brands that seem to last for years these days. But if you see a 150 FT 54" roll for $100, it's too good to be true!