• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Tiling

Tony Rome

Question, when you do a full color window display with continuous text/images.
What is the best way to set it up to print?
I was thinking (having exact measurements for each window section) I lay it out in Corel/AI and just print each window section separate the size of the actual glass, making each print maybe an inch bigger in dimension. Is that right?
Here is the type of application I am referring to...
Large Format Window Graphics Media Guide - Cut Vinyl and Print MediaWindow Graphics

Thanks

AKwrapguy

Question, when you do a full color window display with continuous text/images.
What is the best way to set it up to print?
I was thinking (having exact measurements for each window section) I lay it out in Corel/AI and just print each window section separate the size of the actual glass, making each print maybe an inch bigger in dimension. Is that right?
Here is the type of application I am referring to...
Large Format Window Graphics Media Guide - Cut Vinyl and Print MediaWindow Graphics

Thanks

it depends on what your doing and material, but ya pretty much.
Do a site inspection. Get overall size, get each window size, plus the support bar sizes.
Set up the template in a vector program.

As far as printing them with a bleed, most of the time it's not a problem with most materials. The biggest thing that you have to worry about is that you have everything lined up properly and the right order.

2B

in addition to the window support bar size, also take into account if these windows have an exposed or hidden rubber seal.
If exposed how much that adds to the support bar size

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I do a lot of storefront wraps as a sub and I prefer VERY little bleed.

I peel and cut off the first 20-24" or so of backing from the top of the panel and visually line it up and apply it going up, then proceed down. I found hinging it from the tippy top is just a mess and tracks the panels sideways so starting about 1/3 down helps keep it very straight... so having almost no bleed is ideal because I can see exactly where it's going.

I find when I have a bleed it's hard to work the panel into the mullions and know 100% where it's hitting.

Tony Rome

These were all great answers. I appreciate it very much.
AK, I'm probably using Oracal 3165RA or Instant One Media's removable vinyl.
2B, I thought i was being too meticulous measuring the seal, thanks for the confirmation!
Texas, I always fight with how much bleed just for the reasons you mentioned. I may try your 1/3 way down trick.

Thanks again!