• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Vehicle Perf- ORAJET® 3675

DSignKing

I just did an install for a customer's back window glass car perf. The job was a replacement. He was happy with the product but said later he noticed you could see through from the outside. I never noticed the entire time I was installing. He also mentioned that the vinyl seemed thicker. Like the holes on the last job were larger and made the graphic seem more substantial on the previous vinyl. I assume the last vinyl was a 50/60. I am not sure I should replace because I provided him with a poor quality product compared to his previous or If what I used was sufficient. Please Advise.

I used ORAJET® 3675 Window Graphics Film and laminated with optically clear Avery laminate that I had from a previous wrap job.

kalvix

There are several different flavors (for lack of a better term) in different perf material. There are some with 1mm holes and others with a 1.5mm holes. It is important that the ratio 50/50 hole to solid is used for vehicles for max visibility the size of the holes can make it easier or harder to see through; although when you get back 5' either on the inside or outside they should be very similar. The larger holes seems to give a more clean visibility. That Orajet is a good material.

The perf is not suppose block out visibility from the outside; it is not mirror tint or solid vinyl. On any perf if you walk up and cup your hands you can see inside.

As far as what you do, you used a good material, and unless it is failing (peeling, fading, etc) you might just explain to him about the material and the virtues of the 3675