• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

windows 7 or signlab 8 needs a kick in the gonads

gabagoo

I have no idea which software is giving me these 2 issues but I like to use my desktop to save files that are going to be used shortly or for emailing purposes or for importing into Signlab from emails.
many times I save eps files to the desktop and then when I go into Signlab 8 and try and import the file... it is not there.
I then go back out to look at the desktop and yes it is there. I then go back into Signlab and try importing again and poof now it is there.

I would think maybe I did not see it the first time, but it has happened so many times now, that I know it is either signlab or windows causing it.

Secondly, if I save a file as a pdf from Signlab8 and then realize I need to make a change to it, when I resave it over the existing file, and it asks me permission to, I click yes.

The file never changes and is still the old file. It just did it to me on a print twice. It seems I have to either rename the file or delete the original as it will not overwrite even when told to.

so you think it is windows causing this or Signlab?

TheSnowman

I think I had this problem too...I forget what the deal was. I don't have signlab so I would point it towards a Windows 7 issue...but I really can't remember what was happening. It was something with saving on my desktop and not being able to find it when browsing my desktop.

Maybe if you google "Windows 7 needs kicked in the gonads" you will find an answer.

gabagoo

I think I had this problem too...I forget what the deal was. I don't have signlab so I would point it towards a Windows 7 issue...but I really can't remember what was happening. It was something with saving on my desktop and not being able to find it when browsing my desktop.

Maybe if you google "Windows 7 needs kicked in the gonads" you will find an answer.

lmfao... err wait I found it!!!!:thankyou:

rcook99

I have the same problem with SL9.1. If I save to eps from Corel X-6 and try to import them into SL nothing shows up. If I try to start a new file SL asks if I want to save it before I start the new one yet there is nothing on the screen. WTF If you find the problem please post it.

gabagoo

I have the same problem with SL9.1. If I save to eps from Corel X-6 and try to import them into SL nothing shows up. If I try to start a new file SL asks if I want to save it before I start the new one yet there is nothing on the screen. WTF If you find the problem please post it.

that is an entirely different issue and I think it has something to do with all this masking crap. I find Flexi opens those file sometimes better

rcook99

that is an entirely different issue and I think it has something to do with all this masking crap. I find Flexi opens those file sometimes better

Even a simple vector it does not show up! Keep in mind I learned on Corel and use SL for print and cut things but prefer Corel.

gabagoo

Even a simple vector it does not show up! Keep in mind I learned on Corel and use SL for print and cut things but prefer Corel.

I think the newer version of Corel may be making masks, or if the canvas is included in the file it automatically makes one...something like that...so once again we are continually forced to upgrade software to open newer softwares files...like a cat chasing it's tail

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ditto here.

But to make it even easier, just place a folder on the desktop and place your files there. It works for me...everytime.

HB