• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

windows 7 update could break corel draw instsll

Sidney

I just upgraded to CorelDraw X7. It was fine in the beginning but it seems to be a bit jerky and it freezes. I did both 32 and 64 bit installs and both are acting flaky. Anyone else experiencing this?? I have windows 10:) Sidney

kheebl

I do all windows updates and all corel x7 updated running windows 7 and I never had any issues at all.

WildWestDesigns

I would be willing to bet that it's an update that's interacting with a couple of different things that could be unique to someone's installation. That's why not all updates pose an issue for everyone.

Given what MS is doing (or atleast what I have read that they are doing) with Win 7 and Win 8 updates, I wouldn't suggest doing updates anyway.

There is a trade off with not doing updates, but when there is a question as to what those updates are actually doing, then to me it seems that it's a push as to which way I go and the cons associated with that.

John L

What have you red they are doing? Thanks.

Given what MS is doing (or atleast what I have read that they are doing) with Win 7 and Win 8 updates, I wouldn't suggest doing updates anyway.

There is a trade off with not doing updates, but when there is a question as to what those updates are actually doing, then to me it seems that it's a push as to which way I go and the cons associated with that.

visual800

I would be willing to bet that it's an update that's interacting with a couple of different things that could be unique to someone's installation. That's why not all updates pose an issue for everyone.

there are no cons with no updates for windows. I dont buy into all this "security vulnerablility BS" window updates do nothing but bog down pcs over time and possible cause programs to stop working

WildWestDesigns

What have you red they are doing? Thanks.

The ever so much loved telemetry of Win 10 is starting to creep into Win 7 and Win 8. KB3068708, KB3022345 (replaced the first one listed), KB3075249, KB3080149. These were actually known back in August of last year, so don't know what all is available now. When I started using Linux as a host and Win 7 as a guest, I don't even have SP1 on it, but I also don't have any internet connection to the VM either. It all goes through the Linux side of things.

there are no cons with no updates for windows. I dont buy into all this "security vulnerablility BS" window updates do nothing but bog down pcs over time and possible cause programs to stop working

Rather you believe it or not, there are vulnerabilities to codes. Unless you don't go online or deny access to that specific operating system, it has vulnerabilities. Now the question becomes, do the updates actually fix the those issues and/or do the actually add new ones. That becomes the question.

One source that I saw listed about 15 OS vulnerabilities that affected XP through 8.1. So they do exist, that isn't even going into zero day vulnerabilities. Which people won't know about until there is a good sized infection using said vulnerability.

Linux has it's own vulnerabilities as well, nothing is perfect. As with Mac.

If you want total security, don't go online.

Now, all these people that want backdoors into OSs or into processors etc, those are huge vulnerabilities. Again, to me, anything that opens up 2 way communication that I can't control, is a vulnerability ready to be exploited.

Sidney

Corel Draw Side Question

I know this is a different question than what has been discussed:)
How many of you still have older versions on the same computer?? I have Corel X3, X5,X6 & X7 ......thinking about removing 3 & 5. What's your though?? Sidney

WildWestDesigns

I know this is a different question than what has been discussed:)
How many of you still have older versions on the same computer?? I have Corel X3, X5,X6 & X7 ......thinking about removing 3 & 5. What's your though?? Sidney

Because my digitizing software directly interfaces with Corel, it's usually no bueno for that program to work right if you have older (or newer) versions installed then what the program is designed to work with. It's even very specific in the install order, digitizing software first, then DRAW.

Sidney

Because my digitizing software directly interfaces with Corel, it's usually no bueno for that program to work right if you have older (or newer) versions installed then what the program is designed to work with. It's even very specific in the install order, digitizing software first, then DRAW.

Gracias Senor'....Thank you! I appreciate the info. Sidney