• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Winplot Weed Lines

Renato Pinto

Graphics Manager
Our company just added a new plotter, a Summa S2 T140. Beautiful machine. However, I was running a Graphtech before with Cutting Master 4. CM4 had an option for a weed border and weed lines where available. However, the software that comes with the Summa, Winplot, doesn't seem to have that option.

We do a lot of railroad decals that range from 1" tall to 9". Weed lines are a crucial time saver.

Does anybody know if and where the option for weed lines are in Winplot? If not, what are my options? Is Cutting Master 4 compatible with the Summa? That software seems more user friendly.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Winplot has a the option to cut a border around the copy, but not between letters.

I just draw horizontal lines between copy, and add nodes to go around ascenders. Only takes a minute, and I leave it in the cut file, so if I ever have to recut, they are already in place.