• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wiper on 1614

pjfmeister

I had a clicking noise coming from my Mutoh 1614 when the cleaning cycle would run and then it threw up a Wiper sensor error. I replaced the rubber wiper and that fixed it all up....worked fine for about a week.
Now the wiper parks itself in front of the capping station after cleaning. No errors and no strange noises and everything seems to be working but the wiper is parked in the wrong place?

Anybody that can provide any insite - Im guessing time for a new Maintenance Station, but wanted to get some feedback first?

MACRO

You need a new pump assy(maintenance station). Probably the gears that move out the whiper carriage are consumed.
Anyway if you printer is old.. you better check the printhead carriage bearings. Sometimes when the bearings are consumed the carriage slide 1/2mm down rubbing harder on the wiper.

Last edited:

Jaime IL

I had a clicking noise coming from my Mutoh 1614 when the cleaning cycle would run and then it threw up a Wiper sensor error. I replaced the rubber wiper and that fixed it all up....worked fine for about a week.
Now the wiper parks itself in front of the capping station after cleaning. No errors and no strange noises and everything seems to be working but the wiper is parked in the wrong place?

Anybody that can provide any insite - Im guessing time for a new Maintenance Station, but wanted to get some feedback first?

What did you end up doing to solve this problem? My printer is doing the exact same thing and we have already recently (w/in 4 months) changed the printhead, maintenance station and wiper.