• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Wondering if you would..............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Remove the door handle to do this ?? It only hits the two front doors at that small spot. We have comply Egress vinyl for it and just thinking for just 2 door handles, maybe just not take them apart. Anybody agree ??

Thoughts or wisdom appreciated.
Gino
handle.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd pop them out. Unless you are going to trim around the indent - maybe some knifeless tape then.
Most handles come out with a single screw that does not need the inner panel to be removed to get to.

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen it yet, so I was hoping maybe it will be without having to take the whole inner part off. They're coming tomorrow.

TXFB.INS

without a better image you cannot tell if there is a seam under the handle.
whenever we have graphics going into the hand well of door handles, we always remove the handle.it is faster than trying to work the vinyl in and around the handle

so the vehicle in question is not the one you are working on? if this is the vehicle you are doing, then you have 4 door handles that have vinyl in the hand well.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
without a better image you cannot tell if there is a seam under the handle.
whenever we have graphics going into the hand well of door handles, we always remove the handle.it is faster than trying to work the vinyl in and around the handle

so the vehicle in question is not the one you are working on? if this is the vehicle you are doing, then you have 4 door handles that have vinyl in the hand well.
Looks like only a little bit of blue stripe hits the rear handles, that's not an issue

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're getting a 2018 and I don't think they've changed all that much.

Maybe this view will help a little. It's a long grey band and then 2 reflective blue ones.
handle bigger.jpg

TXFB.INS

Looks like only a little bit of blue stripe hits the rear handles, that's not an issue

correct if there is only blue then the handle stays HOWEVER, the first image shows multiple vinyl colors.
the rear doors have a light grey in the hand well handle, the front door has a darker grey in the hand well on what appears to be a white vehicle

so what color is the vehicle?

the passenger side door has the blue strip in a different location than the driver side
either way if only the blue stripe, then the handle can stay on

AKwrapguy

Remove the door handle to do this ?? It only hits the two front doors at that small spot. We have comply Egress vinyl for it and just thinking for just 2 door handles, maybe just not take them apart. Anybody agree ??

Thoughts or wisdom appreciated.
Gino

I'm pretty sure those handles are released with the set screw in the door. That being said, how long would it take to remove them and than put them back compared to cutting around them and fighting them during the install?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think i'd be a lot easier to have the front handles off... back handles dont look like an issue at all. It would look much better

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry. The vehicles are silver. It's a somewhat dark grey stripe, then 2 blue reflective stripes.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I started wrapping a trailer yesterday around 10am...next thing I know it's 8pm and I've skipped lunch and went way past dinner. I get into some sort of zone when I wrap, it's pretty neat... That and I got through about 10 podcasts.

papabud

Lone Wolf
if you can cut around the front handle it stays, if you have to tuck under it, i would remove it. the back. doesnt need removed for this job.
i am lucky. most people i wrap for are ok with cutting around the handle. but i kind of sell it as a quality thing. i tell them with fingers and nails always rubbing that area it will tear up any vinyl so by cutting you remove what will turn into an ugly mess later.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Sorry. The vehicles are silver. It's a somewhat dark grey stripe, then 2 blue reflective stripes.

Now it's silver? What next, your gonna tell us there actually is no vehicle. This story has more holes in it then a pasta strainer. You should of already known about removing the handle before taking this job. Are you insured and licensed to handle this work? Maybe you should sub this out to someone who knows how to work vinyl around handles. Why not show us some pics when it's done... I want to see the finished product.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now it's silver? What next, your gonna tell us there actually is no vehicle. This story has more holes in it then a pasta strainer. You should of already known about removing the handle before taking this job. Are you insured and licensed to handle this work? Maybe you should sub this out to someone who knows how to work vinyl around handles. Why not show us some pics when it's done... I want to see the finished product.

You caught me. There is no vehicle, there are no handles and there won't be a finished picture or any colors.

You... are by far the most clever detective on the site.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You caught me. There is no vehicle, there are no handles and there won't be a finished picture or any colors.

You... are by far the most clever detective on the site.

Someone has to keep you in line... Lord knows no one else is trying

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Maybe Gino should tell the cops there's a new bandit(goes by Tex) that tries insulting people with bad results.

Can you please start spelling out "you are" so you stop confusing the two?

Front Signs

We're getting a 2018 and I don't think they've changed all that much.

Maybe this view will help a little. It's a long grey band and then 2 reflective blue ones. View attachment 134593
If you want it to have a cleaner look and to last longer, it's better to remove the handles, it shouldn't be too difficult. Cutting the edges can do as well, but it might start peeling after some time.

Bly

Our rule is unless we can get them off in 5 minutes, maybe 10 max, they stay on and use an inlay with knifeless tape. The customer won't care on an advertising wrap.