• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wood desk name plate holder

Billct2

I have a client that has a bunch of these name plate holders. They measure 2.5"x10.5", designed to holed a 2x10 nameplate and look like they may be walnut. I have asked my engraving supplier and searched online but
can't find an exact match. It has to be just about exact because they are on conference tables next to each other. ...anyone know a source?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    829 KB · Views: 202
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 180

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If they're rectangular like that..... couldn't you cut them yourself by matching the wood and maybe a stain and clearcoat on to finalize it ??

Take it to a lumber yard. Match a similar grain and stain and make them yourself. Felt from the craft store can be glued to the bottom.

I wish while you were typing a response it would show you current responses being submitted. Gino stole my answer.

Billct2

I thought of trying that, but without a piece of 2.5" walnut or a solid hardwood I could make look like walnut I'd be spending a lot of time and money on something that sells for $10-30.
I have found similar ones, but the have beveled edges, so if I have too I will see if I can get them to accept that.

rjssigns

I would replace them all. By the time you find the exact match which probably isn't available...

Could punch those out in the time it takes to look for them

Pic of what you showed kinda looks like a hunk of 2x4 with dark stain.

Billct2

Yes, I wish they would replace them all, but not happening. They are a large, repeat client so I will search a little more. It is definitely a hardwood triangle that was intended to be used with an engraved nameplate. The "desk wedge" identity was helpful, I was calling it a triangle while searching.

Billct2

Thank you! For a prize you can take next Wednesday off!
I have found a few places using the "desk wedge" search term, really helps when you know the lingo.

DanDelio

I have a client that has a bunch of these name plate holders. They measure 2.5"x10.5", designed to holed a 2x10 nameplate and look like they may be walnut. I have asked my engraving supplier and searched online but
can't find an exact match. It has to be just about exact because they are on conference tables next to each other. ...anyone know a source?
Not sure if they are an exact match but Johnso
Not sure if they are an exact match but Johnson Plastics carries them