• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wood print

growler

Here is a little something I have been working on.

TnG floor boards, glued & mounted, sanded, prepped, masked, bleached, direct printed, sanded, varnished.

Final print is 1500mm wide. This is a prototype for an exhibition I hope to do with my photography in the future. I love the wood grain coming through the print to add a new dimension to the photograph.

The joys of being a printer with a love in photography, I get to do some very cool stuff, even more so when it is a UV printer.

Attachments

• Pano Pic making_1.jpg
    Pano Pic making_1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 63
  • Pano Pic making_2.jpg
    Pano Pic making_2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Pano Pic making_5.jpg
    Pano Pic making_5.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Pano Pic making_03.png
    Pano Pic making_03.png
    423 KB · Views: 50
  • Pano Pic making_09.png
    Pano Pic making_09.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 69

GP

That's awesome.

Forgive the stupid question, on my first cup of coffee : Does the printer lay down white first, then run back from the beginning? Or did you paint that part? If done by hand, how did you register the white up so perfectly?

growler

The white was a wood bleach to still let the wood grain come through nicely.

Yes done by hand, I have a lot of practice on my printer. I did a test print on a piece of coro 1st then did my masking & bleaching from there. Any white that was sticking out after the print I sanded off before varnishing, but the plan was to have the print bleed in with the feathered edge of the white so a few mm of flare here and there was always planned.