Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

word .docx to Corel

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ocean502, May 30, 2012.

1. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    Hi
    I have a customer that emailed a layout for a brochure created in Microsoft Word. I am having trouble importing, copying, etc..into Corel. I downloaded a doc converter that is not working. I am usually never able to import a pdf into Core. When I save as a jpeg in Word, it comes over pixilated. I have to adjust the background for the bleed of the brochure. Any advice??
    Susie

Tags:
  2. markymarkmfb

markymarkmfb Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Walled Lake, MI
    http://www.zamzar.com/

Maybe this site will help you convert it to something you can use, it will convert to eps format. I've used it plenty of times with good results.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I would first try to print to cutepdf or the like, and bring that into corel

4. oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper Roper of Goats. Old ones.

Jul 28, 2009
    Alberta
    This may or may not be of any help to you but...

DOCX is really a zip file. If you need to get any graphics out of a DOCX file, simply rename the file to have a .ZIP extension instead of a .DOCX extension, then open the file in WinZip or WinRar or whatever and you will find folders to explore -- all of the images that have been imported into the document can be found here in their original formats (i.e. JPG, PNG, SVG, etc.)

5. 300mphGraphics

300mphGraphics Active Member

Aug 15, 2006
    arizona
    Have the customer save the file out of Word as a pdf instead of the .docx and send that to you.

6. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    This is a great tip that I picked up here on Signs 101.
    You may also be able to export the .DOCX file as a pdf via PrimoPDF or similar program.