• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Wordmark Logo for signage, apparel, website, ...

Edvin

Hi, I'm about to embark upon an entrepreneurial venture in k-12 learning (tutoring) industry and would be grateful for your collective design feedback for my logo.

I would like to strive to make my Wordmark effective on all marketing assets, which includes storefront signage, website, letter heads, embroidered shirts, etc.

I'm not a designer; but, after looking at gender preferred color for my demographics and signage pallet, I came up with the following colors: blue, green, purple, red, black.

What are your thoughts regarding my attach design work?

edooky.jpg

(note: I copy/pasted graduation cap for this draft)​

1. Do you see any red flags?

2. Do you think this will be effective & visible in the following areas:
    • Storefront signage
    • I'm thinking frontlite letter signage; do you dis/agree?
    • Drive-by bill-boards
    • Embroiled shirts
    • Business card & letter heads
    • Website
    • etc
  3. What alternative design elements should I experiment or consider?

4. Do you have any other thoughts/concerns newbie tips?

Thanks in advance.
Edvin

Marlene

go to a designer and pay the money to get a real design made. this one smacks of a self done pile and won't help sell your business.

Edvin

LOL, great (funny) comments :)

go to a designer and pay the money to get a real design made.
That's the plan anyway; but, there is no guarantee that an agency wouldn't make similar mistake.

I was planning to take it as far as I can and then solicit help.

I didn't think doing it in reverse (solicit designer and then asking forum members to critique it) would be appreciated; but, let me know if I'm mistaking.

-Edvin

Last edited:

Marlene

LOL, great (funny) comments :)

That's the plan anyway; but, there is no guarantee that an agency wouldn't make similar mistake.

I was planning to take it as far as I can and then solicit help.

I didn't think doing it in reverse (solicit designer and then asking forum members to critique it) would be appreciated; but, let me know if I'm mistaking.

-Edvin

Go to a designer and look at the work they've done to judge if they can handle your account or not.

AKwrapguy

Ok so if your looking for honest feed back...

aside from the work 'dooky'
One of the first things that you will need to do if you want to have a diverse logo for everything you want to do is ditch the clip art and go straight vector. This will be a more versatile format.

As for all logo's it's the first impression people have of your company.
Keep It Simple
1 maybe 2 colors (maybe even just black and/or white)
Easy to read fonts
Think long term, don't go trendy
Look at your successful competitors

Think about your demographic, hint it's not the children. I'm guessing that while your goal is is to help kinds, the main purpose it to make money. From my experience children don't have a lot of income or ways to pay you. So your main demo is going to be their parents/grandparents/teachers/administrators. Do a little research and find out what that demographic is and cater to the biggest part of it.

The logo you presented us with looks like a 8 year old found some old clip art. (sorry but yeah)

Take the time and probably the money and do it right. There are many many designers that could crush this, but you need to give them a clear idea of what your looking for.

Edvin

Thanks for the tip @Jean Shimp.
You're recommendation is highlighting the reason why I started the DIY journey in the first place; and the lashing that I'm about to receive ...
I'm sure "Sign Amigo" is a talented designer; but, how can I trust his services when his website falls short in numerous areas; for example "about us" is a blank page; I wonder about his eye for detail in other areas.

That's an absurd argument to make
Point made; but, finding a good resource is not clear-cut.

I've looked up many design services until I settled on logoOrbit for my design agency; their portfolio looks good, offer lots of services, and are extremely reasonable. But, I'm skeptical when I see unlimited design concepts and revisions for less than $200. I suspect they outsource/crowdsource their services, which would likely mean that the issue would not get caught.
My next logical step is finding a US based large brand agency with proven track record. Yep that would be great; but, if I plan to pay premium for someone to come up with a business name, do a market research, write a business plan, marketing plan, handle marketing assets, and pay premium for other professional services; than I'm failing to manage my capital properly, which puts me in a dooky place.

Ok so if your looking for honest feed back...

@AKwrapguy, thank you for this. Sounds like my best option is go back to my logoorbit option, and then solicit everyone's feedback.
I have zeroed-in on my demographics (60% female, 30-55 yr old, average household income $50-$70k ), which yielded to my color pallets based on the study I referenced.
I'm not sure if I'll get more backlash here for not getting a professional market analyst; but, I used alexa to provide me with insight to my competitor website visitors.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think the OP is onto something and has certainly done his homework. Other than the word, which I guess he'll be changing, the whole thing shows promise. The start, colors and business plan are in full swing. Sure, he has some snags to work on, but it's a far cry better than what most of the so-called professionals post around here. He shows thought and solid sincerity. Some helpful hints and pointers, he can probably do this mostly on his own and have a real winner, proving..... if you really try and persist, you can do it.

:thumb: :thumb:

Edvin

business plan are in full swing
Thank you for the support Gino; yes, I'm indeed in a full-swing of things and trying my best to do my homework in all areas.
I've even joined bizwarriors forum and have started a series of posts regarding my journey. I'll be sure to post back to this post so that others can learn from my mistake/experience.

BTW, what does OP stand for?