Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress- Deleting Media Issues

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by Aireana, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Aireana

Aireana New Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Wisconsin
    My company has a website created through WordPress, and I have to manage it with no experience in working with WordPress(wish I was the one who created the site). I am trying to delete a couple of images off of the website. I followed directions on deleting media permanently in the media library. The images are gone from the media library, but still show on the website. I made this change a few weeks ago. I don't know what else to do to get these images off. Any help or tips?

Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    have never used wordpres, only speaking from manual HTML coding experiences

did you replace the images or just delete them?
    if deleted, did you also disable the path code from looking for these images?
    if replaced, make sure the path code is directed to the new images?

have you tried viewing on different devices?
    dumped your browser cache, refresh the website and then look

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Wordpress has a pretty good following. I have a couple sites set up through it. Never had an issue deleting images from the library or pages. You have to edit the pages, not just the library, to eliminate the images. Depending on how you access Wordpress (you should have an admin extension), you should be able to get into your control panel to access each page.

4. Jburns

Jburns Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    What he said - edit the page itself

5. InstantOneMedia

InstantOneMedia Merchant Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    I second 2B's suggestion. Refresh your cache. We were confused when we tried deleting pics from our wordpress site but they still showed in firefox and chrome. Once we deleted the cache, the pics were gone.

6. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    Hi if you still need help, please let me know.