• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work table height for laminator output

nomadme

Hi all!

I'm building a worktable for all purpose in the shop. So this table will be put behind a future laminator (GFP or Royal sovereign 55") so it can take whatever comes out of the laminator without any height difference.

What would be best height for my table?

Thanks.

AKwrapguy

Hi all!

I'm building a worktable for all purpose in the shop. So this table will be put behind a future laminator (GFP or Royal sovereign 55") so it can take whatever comes out of the laminator without any height difference.

What would be best height for my table?

Thanks.

What ever is going to be the most comfortable for you.

papabud

Lone Wolf
my work table is slightly higher than my laminator and it works just fine.
it sits at 36.5"
i would say if you build it with adjustable feet you can move it some.
mine is also on wheels so it can slide towards or away form my laminator as needed.
if you run mostly vinyl. the height should be what your comfortable with. if you run more of a solid substrate. make it close to your output

nomadme

What ever is going to be the most comfortable for you.
Yeah, for sure. I don't have the laminator yet, but just wanted the table to be the same height as the lam out. What laminator do you use? Would you mind measuring the height of the output panel on your lam?

nomadme

my work table is slightly higher than my laminator and it works just fine.
it sits at 36.5"
i would say if you build it with adjustable feet you can move it some.
mine is also on wheels so it can slide towards or away form my laminator as needed.
if you run mostly vinyl. the height should be what your comfortable with. if you run more of a solid substrate. make it close to your output
Yeah, I'm building mine on wheels. Nice, 36.5 is a pretty comfy height for stand and work.

Do you do solid substrate? On solid, does the height difference affect much, since your table is higher than your lam output?

What brand of lam do you have? Would you mind taking measurement of the height on your model?

I just haven't decided which lam I want to go with.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Unless you're going to have the table bumped directly against the laminator, I wouldn't make it the exact same height. There's going to be some flex in material, even if you use a sled, which will cause the material to hit the edge of the table instead of landing on the surface.

I'd have the table slightly lower than the laminator. Here's a quick, dumb drawing to explain what I'm talking about, in case it doesn't make sense.

Attachments

• laminator.png
    laminator.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 245

2B

our work tables are 43.5" h and on casters so they are easy to move.

for our laminator we use the plastic folding tables, they are slightly less than the outfeed height and fold up out of the way when not in use, plus they have a smooth surface so no snags and easy to slide over.

the drawing by Derby is exactly why we use the plastic tables