• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work table.

cyprez

I have added vinyl work to our existing screen printing biz and had a question concerning work areas for vinyl. Right now I have a 3' X 5' area that has a flat fiber board type top to it. Are most of your work areas similar with maybe a cut mat on top?? I have done a few coroplast signs but nothing bigger than 2'x3' and not sure I would be comfortable with bigger right now.

Thanks for any input, looking forward to getting the hang of this soon!! I am grateful for the amount of information I've read here so far!

Rick

TonyHoles

For what you feel comfortable doing it should work for you. Once you get into the bigger jobs you will want something atleast 4' wide and the length of you tables would depend on your space. I have 4' by 24' with cutting mats and I at times feel I wish I had more. But I like to work on multipule projects at once.

hattersroxie

space is an issue...

when i first opened shop i found out that space was my only problem- so instead of using a flat 3x5 space i mounted my table to a wall with hinges so i could adjust as needed... works about like an easle and the angle helped me see the cut path of the white vinyl better... may be the way to go for you!!! bigger is always better!!:wink:

gabagoo

we have a 4' x 16' working table with UHMW 1/4" on top. Not the cheapest material but lasts for years and then you can just flip it over.

For digital we basically set up 4 x 8 tables in the main shop as needed, and then put them away for vehicles to enter