• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

work together disaster

I'm pretty much a one-stop shop. We do signs-banners-embroidery-screen print tshirts. However 2 years ago I made a deal with a guy. I already do all of this persons embroidery work on league caps and college stuff. 2 years ago he was doing sports jerseys for leagues and I got him hooked up with 3 leagues in my area. These are very big accounts and he specialized in jerseys. He came in did fittings and offered stuff they did not have before. I continued to do all parent shirts and other items. However this year on the order form for jerseys he is know offer all parent stuff (Shirts, caps, jerseys, etc.) Last year between the leagues I sold about 3000 shirts. Not sure the best way to handle this.

The biggest problem is I have know this person since I was 5 years old and we continue to golf together some. I really hate helping someone out then then turnaround and take food straight off my table.

ThinkRight

Just confront him and see what he has to say...
If he thinks it was ok to steal your work , then just walk away.
All you have to do is spread the word about his ethics, then go bid against him and low ball the jobs and get them back.
Put him out of business.
/ you might could take some lessons from those Texas cheer leading moms,I hear there are pretty mean.

J

john1

Just confront him and see what he has to say...
If he thinks it was ok to steal your work , then just walk away.
All you have to do is spread the word about his ethics, then go bid against him and low ball the jobs and get them back.
Put him out of business.
/ you might could take some lessons from those Texas cheer leading moms,I hear there are pretty mean.

low ball them? No way. Don't go that route.

Nobody likes someone who steals, back stabs or low balls.

Confront him about it and worse case just walk away. I don't care how long i have known somebody. Things happen and you need to take action to keep yourself in business.

Low ball isn't an option. He works out of his house so he has no overhead. He does transfers on everything so his artwork is limited. I know I can offer much better designs but no matter what people are going to order off the order form costling me sales.

WildWestDesigns

Low ball isn't an option. He works out of his house so he has no overhead.

He does have overhead, it's just not as much. I would be willing to bet he claims what he can on his taxes, so he has to show some expense with that.

Back on topic though. Have a conversation with him. Some people really have no idea of what they are doing or that someone else would think badly of it.

Is this agreement in writing? If not, then not really much you can do other then have a conversation with him and hope that it all ends well for both.

However, don't think of it along the lines of how long you have known somebody. This is business and that should be separate from your friendship, although I wouldn't be surprised if your friendship took a hit after this conversation.

TwoNine

He does have overhead, it's just not as much. I would be willing to bet he claims what he can on his taxes, so he has to show some expense with that.

Back on topic though. Have a conversation with him. Some people really have no idea of what they are doing or that someone else would think badly of it.

Is this agreement in writing? If not, then not really much you can do other then have a conversation with him and hope that it all ends well for both.

However, don't think of it along the lines of how long you have known somebody. This is business and that should be separate from your friendship, although I wouldn't be surprised if your friendship took a hit after this conversation.

+1 :thumb:

rjssigns

You got skated. Chalk it up to experience. We do work for other shops and a couple of them have us sign no compete contracts. We do the same when we sub out. Too bad your bud turned on ya. That sucks.