• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Workers Comp classes

Typestries

Folks

Wondering what you all are being rated at, particularly shops running flatbed and RTR printers. Obviously, a receptionist or office manager is clerical, designer could be office, but how are you rating a shop person - loading printers, finishing trimming, etc

Looking for a specific category that covers us appropriately for our exposure, and of course agents want to push us to the most profitable for them. And of course I want this to be profitable for US!

Thank for your opinions and info.

-Rick

visual800

I have no idea what we are rated at but I did mention to agent we do ladder installs and bucket truck. I could be wrong but I didnt mention any equipment as printers and plotters, i dont see what that would matter, once gain I could be wrong.

we were paying outrageous fees with local company for wc/liability. We then found business insurance now who underwrote us with Hartford. We now pay half! They do audit every yer and my cpa takes care of that. Call them and geta quote you will be shocked

http://www.businessinsurancenow.com

fresh

I called the state when we were shopping for Workers Comp, and there is no good category for what we do. I feel like its a huge problem in NJ for our industry, because we are paying something like 5.75% for our employee to literally run a roll to roll printer and squeegee some vinyl on a board. (I'm not sure of the exact rate, but I know its above 5%.)

We also obviously have to cut material down, but we only use a panel saw and rarely a jig saw. And if it made a difference, we would never have employees using the jig saw since its so infrequent I'd just do it myself to save $$ on WC.

TimToad

I called the state when we were shopping for Workers Comp, and there is no good category for what we do. I feel like its a huge problem in NJ for our industry, because we are paying something like 5.75% for our employee to literally run a roll to roll printer and squeegee some vinyl on a board. (I'm not sure of the exact rate, but I know its above 5%.)

We also obviously have to cut material down, but we only use a panel saw and rarely a jig saw. And if it made a difference, we would never have employees using the jig saw since its so infrequent I'd just do it myself to save $$ on WC.

I don't think its that fine tooth of a comb they are running your risk through. Your average McDonalds worker faces more risk of injury than many of the skilled trades do.

You're paying 5.75% of what, the employees annual salary/wage?

We have one full time employee pulling over $35k per year and gross revenues in the $250k range with a flatbed, large format inkjet, a full shop of power tools and our worker's comp is around $1,200 per year. We don't even send him or anyone else out to do any installs that can't be accomplished off a 8' step ladder or less.