• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Workers Comp... what's your class code ?

Drip Dry

I realize different states have different codes and rates.

I'm in NY, so I'm asking for New Yorkers to tell me what your class code is.

I'm being forced by my insurance company to use 9501
It translates to 3.42 per hundred

We had a small claim 2 years ago, and now the last 2 years, it has gone up over 800.00 a year
I actually had less payroll last year and it still is going up

So, What's your class code ?

Thanks

chester215

Just call me Chester.
WC is a sore subject around here.

We are in the pool because of 2 large claims that will be coming off in the next year or so.
One of them was bogus but around here they approve almost every claim.

Making and installing real estate post signs is 95% of our business.
On the installation end we are classified under code 9554 ( around $18 per $100 ) which puts us under the same classification as installers that do billboards and any other sign work. Our insurance company discounts the rate but not enough..
With the 9554 rate + the pool rate surcharge it comes to what roofers are charged. ($35-$40 per $100)

We even had a rep from the NCCI come up from Flordia to review our classification and he said the current one was ok.

Office 8810 $1.? per $100
Shop 2881 $8.5 per $100

I would love to have the 9501 classification.

One thing I did find out going through all of this over the years is that some Insurance companies do not necessarily go by the NCCI classification.
We had one company that sided with us and did not use the NCCI classification.