• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Workflow and File Handling

fleetfxgraphics

Hi everyone,

Wondering how other shops handle their digital files. Currently we have our designers create a layout file, then after its approved we create a separate CUT file for our plotters and a PRINT file for our digital printers. All equipment we run uses FlexiSIGN and we design with Flexi and Photoshop.

We are considering trying to streamline our workflow and save layout and all production break downs in a single file.

Comments? Suggestions? Would love to hear how other shops tackle this.

Thanks!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Every shop, large or small that I have worked at designed in Illustrator or Corel, then sent it to a sign program like Flexi-sign.

It's cheaper, it's easier to find an Illustrator or Corel specific designer, and I would never get locked into only having buggy .fs extensions on my important design files.

I have always dealt with 2 file types, the design file, and then the production file(s), in each file one layout is editable text if possible, (if not, leave a line of copy in case changes are needed) and converted to curves in case your font(s) get corrupted.

If you insist on designing in Flexi, do yourself a favor and save an .eps or AI files just in case....