• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

would this be good printer for wraps?

rossi graphics

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor II -64 Large eco Solvent Printer
i have chance to buy this any thing i should know? or should i run away
i want to start doing wraps i have space to do it. any toughts?

thanks
bob

GypsyGraphics

are you currently outsourcing printing?
if so, do you have so much work that you can be profitable purchasing and running your own printer?
what about the laminator?

formanek

Before buying equipment to do wraps I would be asking myself if you can do the design, sell them and install enough to make money.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Judging by your profile, you've been around the block a few times. Is this something that will benefit your present business or will you be getting in your own way trying to figure something out you have no idea of how it works ?? Do you even realize, you're gonna need a laminator and plotter, yet.

Mosh

Laminator, software, CLEAN place to do installs, someone who knows how to install said wraps...takes more than a printer to do wraps, so I say RUN, RUN like the wind.

Vinylman

You currently show that you have a 24" plotter, and I would assume the programs and computor to design on.

You will need a 54"-64" plotter, and a laminator of similar dimensions to properly service the printer you are considering.
Do you have the money to cover those items??
And what about the money to stock your shop with the vinyl and laminates to give your customers the PROPER wrap materials?

Lots to take into consideration!!

Outsourcing might be a better way to go early on.

dj_elite

Laminator is a must for wraps. Cutter, although you don't really need a 54"-64", a 24" isn't going to cut it (no pun intended). I'd say at least a 42" though