• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap design critique....

natedawg9640

This will likely be the one that gets approved, but curious to see what you guys have to say about it. i thin the hardest part was the image separations. I'm a bit picky with that....

ill post rear gate, and hood when i get those completed.

Attachments

• wrap final visual.jpg
    wrap final visual.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 103
  • wrap swatches.jpg
    wrap swatches.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

SebastienL

I agree with Mr white; the url should not be in 2 parts like that. Looks like there's a letter missing.

I really like it, look like it's been design by someone who knows what he's doing.

But I find full wrap bakground like these rarely works in real life. Here, you can look at it for a few minutes and make out what it actually is. But on the street, you only get a few seconds. By the time you see the deers, you haven't had time to read the text, much less the url. Zooooom the truck is out of site!

Went to a pro vehicles outline class once. Instructor flipped a layout of a car wrap design for 5 seconds. Then asked the class what they could remember...
Try it, print this as big as you can, show it to someone who hasn't seen it before for a few second, then ask him what he could make out...

This is valid for all wrap design.

My 2 cents.

artbot

you might be able to get away with that much texture in the back ground if you get rid off all the texture in the text. i'd do some thresholding or do a cutout filter on the deer. make it more contemporary.

iSign

Like it... Agree less texture on lettering.. URL reads like missing letter... Kern ALL letters wider

"Deposit Please"

exactly what artbot said..too busy inside the text. try toning down the grunge in the text and thicken the stroke just a little. Also , keep the text going straight across, omit www, and enlarge url slightly. my op

natedawg9640

The main text needs to be on the slant as its residual design from a previous vehicle that the customer really likes. I will take that advice on adjusting the kerning as that gap is there because if it wasn't, i WOULD lose a letter to the gap in the cab/bed separation.

The main content and contact info will be on the tailgate. I think the sides serve more of an impact statement to make people come in for a closer look. They originally wanted a few more lines of copy on the sides, but you are all correct that no one would have a chance to digest any of it. l looked at the visual, maybe i'll include some higher resolution swatches, as it seems to have darkened a little bit.

Edit: there, added a couple closer snaps off the visual...

Jillbeans

If the lettering was in plain white with a black outline it would pop right off the truck.
Love....Jill

petesign

I think the last three guys said it perfectly. It's attention grabbing, but takes a while to notice the text. At 70MPH, its going to be even harder...

Pat Whatley

As much as I hate most vehicle wraps I actually think this one works pretty well for it's target audience. The only thing I might do is increase the size of the light yellow outline around the lettering, I think making it a little heavier will help increase the legibility.

After going to several deer and bass expos in the last couple of years I can tell you that thing is dead on for it's market....people will take pictures with it.

ucmj22

Looks great. People around here eat that stuff up!. Im keeping the image for insiration the next time one of those crazy hunters comes in looking for camo.

signswi

Man do I hate midde-state hunter stuff, thanks for taking those jobs :p. So many WI vendors here it's amazing. Agreeing with most above that your textures are fighting each other making the text less legible than it could be. The viewer eye needs a primary focal point to be drawn to immediately as well as places to rest.

Dave Drane

The whole truck looks like a camo vehicle. Upon closer inspection it is very pretty but is it practical? Would one read it easily going by at 60mph. The suggestion of white copy/black outline on word is the best advice.