• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Wrap install only Pricing & Warranties

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Happy Saturday all!
I tried searching for a new thread for wrap pricing for install only and I didn't come up with anything recent so here is my query today.
I was approached by an out of state National sign company to do some van wrapping and a small sign install for them in my area.
Not a big deal so sure I bid the job. Comes back from them that they think my wrap install pricing is way too high and this is what they stated that they will do a print/install job for: $1400.00 using 3M IJ1080 with laminate. Now my cost on that wrap kit is about $1100.00 for the two rolls plus ink and time involved which really when doing the math leaves next to nothing for the install labor. I realize there is some material left over.
They also stated that one guy could complete a full van wrap in 4 hours!
I do realize that there are obviously differences in industry standards but we are getting pretty well known in our area for quality wraps and I don't feel that a 4 hour slap wrap is something that I want to even bother with for a couple hundred bucks so I will likely not be chosen at my price. But I am interested in what the going rate is for a quality van install in different areas.
Second question: We have done a few "install only" wraps for corporate entities which we certainly don't mind but it does leave a shop somewhat vulnerable in case of an issue. Thankfully, we haven't had any issues yet but the last one that we did was sent to us printed on some cheaper material and took a lot more time to install than what we normally would allot. Do any of you use signed waivers in case of a piece going wrong and having to be reprinted? If a piece should get ripped, torn, etc. what would your policy be to cover that?
Obviously it is ideal to have total control through out the entire process but in those cases that you don't what is the "industry standard" for this type of install only situation? Thanks I look forward to hearing some good feedback on this and appreciate your time!