• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Institute

signguy35

Do any of you guys have the membership to the Wrap institute? I watch all his free videos that he puts on Twitter, and I was just wondering if it was worth the money (about $120 i think) for it. he seems to know his stuff. I feel like I already learned more watching his videos than when I took a wrap class that cost about $350.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I don't have a membership, but if you've learned more from his freebies than you did from the class you paid for (which I'm going to assume was not from them), then you have kind of answered your own question in the affirmative. If I was going to do wraps all the time, there's no way I wouldn't invest in a membership.
My .02.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
If you think you can learn enough from a video, more power to ya. To me, these videos are just something to refer back to..... not learn from. There is nothing better than hands-on training/learning.

I gotta disagree with you on this one bro. He features so many different videos & techniques for wrapping so many variations of objects and areas, that you can "learn" a great way to approach something from someone else, or a short cut on something, that you would have to figure out on your own over time.
Of course hands-on training/learning is best. But Watching a seasoned professional do it first while explaining why he's doing it that way, is invaluable to someone learning to wrap. Why wreck something 5 times before getting it right when you can learn how first, then maybe only wreck it once.

If I learned some of the techniques on that site in my first year, I'd have skipped many headaches.
Tapping into the Global resource he has, in our industry, has benefited many installers. New tools, methods, products, tips & tricks....for $100 a year.
No Brainer

Bly

If you do any wrapping at all the videos information will save you time and money.
They are a library of techniques to refer to if you strike a problem or to view before doing a job.

ikarasu

Interesting... Didn't know this existed! I've done quite a few wraps, I can generally wrap anything I get my hands on with enough time / playing around. I've watched a few of his videos when I see them pop up on Youtube... But this would be nice to have, and it's pretty cheap. I bookmarked it, and I'll be purchasing a sub soon, just to watch all I can. Thanks!