• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap job

jdoug5170

OK, I know, we don't discuss pricing in general, open forum. But, I'm looking for a WAG, estimate within a few $1000 for a potential job. Perhaps those that do the big rigs can share what they charge on average.

Customer needs a rough quote to print/wrap a tractor and trailer. The only thing I know for sure, it is a 53' trailer and a tractor with a big ole sleeper... great info!

For the trailer I'm coming up with about $8000 for print and application. No graphic creation and no prep on trailer, that would be additional. I have absolutely no clue on the tractor...another $8k maybe?

Appreciate any help given.

Doug

OlsonSigns601

I wouldn't quote without seeing the trailer.

You could have a trailer with a flat smooth 53' surface or you could have a surface with rivets or ribs or even worse... both!

It could also be all rusty, dented have an existing graphic on it... you never know for sure.

mudmedia

those trailers are on average 8.5 ft tall...so 53ft long that's roughly 900 sq ft just for the sides...so at 5k your doing it for $5.50 a sq ft? Good luck with that...That's 2 rolls min and if your using 3m that's over 2k just in material

ProWraps

those trailers are on average 8.5 ft tall...so 53ft long that's roughly 900 sq ft just for the sides...so at 5k your doing it for $5.50 a sq ft? Good luck with that...That's 2 rolls min and if your using 3m that's over 2k just in material

heh... ok.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Fleet work..... 54' trailer. Yeah about 5k as long as it's a standard trailer. Of course if its skip or full corrugated or has some weird setup with multiple side doors or something or needs existing vinyl removed then of course additional evaluation and cost would come into play.

mudmedia

Fleet work..... 54' trailer. Yeah about 5k as long as it's a standard trailer. Of course if its skip or full corrugated or has some weird setup with multiple side doors or something or needs existing vinyl removed then of course additional evaluation and cost would come into play.

I thought fleet would be more than 1? Now if a company brought you 10 of them I could understand...but maybe I am wrong? Maybe i am thinking a different style trailer then you guys sorry for the mix

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Fleet as in fleet work in general, not necessarily getting an entire fleet to work on.

mudmedia

and im not trying to get any of your trade secrets but what distinguishes the price on fleet stuff..I would guess not using the same material? I did some trucking 53' trailer wraps so I guess that would be fleet work but I didnt use cheaper material so I could see where the pricing could vary I guess it all intends on what the business expects I guess...I see big trailers that the panels are 1/2"-1" off and look very horrific up close but it does the job I guess?

I didnt mean to get in a disagreement thanks for the clarifying of fleet work

ProWraps

same materials. fleet work means you are a shop that has the skills and the volume to turn these vehicles extremely fast and good, and still make a great profit on them. i can wrap a 53' trailer, both sides and back by myself in 10 hours. so do the math.

mudmedia

understandable thanks for the explanation I have always priced by the sq. foot and we all price differently so with fleet work you don't worry about square footage you look at the aspects of what it actually takes you to complete the job and look at it realistically? That statement probably doesn't make sense hard to explain what I am trying to ask ... None the less great info provided it helped me and I believe it will help the OP as well as our pricing was obviously high

mudmedia

LOL yes sorry I type fast on this thing I hardly go back and check on what I type...Gets me in trouble most the time

mark in tx

At only 4995 for the trailer, I think you are leaving money on the table. But if thats' your local market, then oh well.
If I can get 8k for the trailer, why can' everyone else?

ProWraps

because you dont live in a whores market and deal with fleet clients.

that is going rate for national fleet work.

mudmedia

Pro I have yet to find a lot of fleet stuff up "north" part of town...The farther down south in farmers land I know there's a lot of possibilities but maybe that's not true past modesto etc.

HulkSmash

Mud, what do you consider a fleet?

If i told you how much we wrap a 90ft bx 12 ft train(lightrail) for, you would really hit the fan.

When you get into wrapping for companies with semis, and massive fleets... they won't pay for what you're asking..

And pricing by SQFT is really a big mistake.
I can wrap a box truck in 3 hrs. 220 sqft.
and a VW beetle in 8 hrs, 160 sqft.

Logic....