• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Scam

TXFB.INS

for your daily chuckle

Ben George <bengeorge222@live.com>

Hello this is Ben George and i will like to tell you that The car are with the shipper at my formal home State but i live here in state so that is why i want my car towed back home for the signage in good time so can i have your shop address so that i can forward that to the shipper so they will have the car delivered to the front of your shop for the job and that is type of design i want on the the Camry so i will like to know the type of credit card you accept as well so i will like you to get me proper estimate quote so will can process that out so you can get me the proper price for it thanks, So kindly get back to me with the request information below..

Full name..
Shop Address..
Cell phone and Business phone number..
Types of credit card you accept..
Total cost of your service..
Thank you in anticipation of your prompt and favorable reply..
Happy Holiday!.
Ben George
516) 828-1394 Texts only

Vehicle-Wrap.jpg

Craig Sjoquist

So now the pastor is using a new scam lol

Why would anyone ship one car to another state or anywhere to be wrapped.

Once they got your CC# they also have routing # then drain your account

That is one ugly wrap design besides

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think the kerning on the droplets is a little loosey goosey. Good weight distribution on the rest of it. Good job...... :thumb:

2B

the new theme must be transportation.

Hello Sales,
I am Wayne Wilar of WillisWarehouse and I want to make an order of trailers.I will be glad if you can send me a link to your available and stocked trailers to choose from
I also will like to know the type of credit card acceptable by your company and do not hesitate to contact me in case of any questions.I will be glad if you can get back to me shortly
Best Regards
Wayne Wilar
Willis Warehouse
5702 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA,90001 United States
Ph:424-294-7703

Wayne Wilar <waynewilar@gmail.com

Wayne really likes the letter "W" :noway:

ronl1975

Scammers are Hall of Famers now?

for your daily chuckle

So we got the same email, kind of:

Hello this is John Bench and i will like to tell you that The car are with the shipper at my formal home State but i live here in state so that is why i want my car towed back home for the signage in good time so can i have your shop address so that i can forward that to the shipper so they will have the car delivered to the front of your shop for the job and that is type of design i want on the the Camry so i will like to know the type of credit card you accept as well so i will like you to get me proper estimate quote so will can process that out so you can get me the proper price for it thanks, So kindly get back to me with the request information below..

Full name..
Shop Address..
Cell phone and Business phone number..
Types of credit card you accept..
Total cost of your service..

may peace be with you
John Bench
(214) 736-4819

My reply......

Good day John Bench! I am sure we can work with your arrangements, that is if you agree to ours as well. Our shop is very busy so taking walk-in vehicle wraps can be difficult. So this is my solution. We are within driving distance of Walt Disney World, I'm sure you've heard of it. All you have to do is tow your vehicle to the Walt Disney World parking lot. The driver will have to pay $10 to park it but I don't mind paying that back to you. I'll leave it in the glove department inside of your vehicle. So now that we've taken care of vehicle drop off, all you have to do is email me which lot # and which park the vehicle is at. That is important! Oh and of course leave the keys underneath the drivers side mat. But before we make plans of getting your vehicle to my shop...

Wait a minute, Johnny Bench.... Johnny Bench ! Your famous ! Aren't you in the baseball hall of fame ??? !!!! Big Red Machine !!!! I miss those days Benchy ! Why wouldn't you want to wrap your Camry in RED. Get it? RED... ok enough with the jokes. Why are you even driving a Camry anyway? Aren't you rich? I mean, you do have multiple World Series rings. I'll trade you a wrap for your rings. ok ok, thats a little steep. Maybe a wrap for a signed game worn jersey? Hey let me know, just reply back with information how I can get ahold of you.

Full name..
Address..
Cell phone and/or Business phone number..

may peace be with you,
Pete Rose
:dog42

2B

this scammer is trying the pity card............ for his private

first Email
we're a new Ice cream company here we deal in ice creams, vanilla and so on. We have two 2013 Chevrolet Express Cargo to advert our company, can you do the full wrap and design for our vehicles you will do the artwork as you'll design and indicate our company name, Same style van. I'll text you the name of the company first let me know your total cost to wrap 2 vehicle for us as i have the picture of the Chevrolet van if you need it i can send it here?

Sent from my iPad

we replied
Bring the van by our shop and we can look over the van and go into detail with you about moving forward with the project.

Second Email
Alright but this is as just the same as our company art design that needs wrapped for the vans. kindly confirm on the price and get back to me with the total estimate to do full wrapping for two Vans? Attached is the sample and also the vehicle needed for the wraps. 2013 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3500 RWD

Exterior

Body height 81.6 "

Wheelbase 135.0 "

Ground clearance 7.6 "

Curb 4,832 lbs.

Gross weight 6,200 Lbs
Company Name: CHAPMAN'S ICE CREAM

Sent from my iPad

we reply again,
As stated before, the vehicle needs to be brought by the office for inspection. At that time the details will be reviewed and an estimate will be provided.

Third Email
Ok thanks, I would need you to understand me clearly now because as I’m chatting you presently in hospital recuperating from the secondary trauma of the urethra to fall astride, I hit my private while riding power bike. I’m ready to move on with you, I would like to make a deposit of $2000 for you to get any materials needed before tha vehicle get's to your office and do you accept credit cards for payment also with what processor, cause i had some bad experience with some e.g Square, Paypal?

Sent from my iPad

Now it is how rediculous can we get on requirements before they stop communicating

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Make sure you send condolences to his "boys"... as often as you can.

Maybe add a similar story, involving a spiked fence, multiple surgeries, and your final decision to give up and just go full transgender.

TimToad

Next thing you know, they'll all start sending photos of Sacha Baron Cohen with the requests. We get our share of these and usually the bad grammar is the tell tale sign to ignore it. The slightest hesitation we sense in bringing the vehicle in for measurements and photos is usually where we end all communications.

Hopefully, nobody is opening any .zip files or attachments of the vehicle's images to quote from.

bannertime

"Also with what processor...?" :banghead: **giant red flag emoji needed** Ah, no problem. We stopped taking cards after reading that you had problems with those processors. We are now cash only as we do not want to have problems with those payment processors. Thank you. Look forward to taking your money.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B

2B

there are red flags all over these messages,

correct, NEVER open any attachment you do not know the content of and all suspicious emails are deleted that have attachments

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
They always wanna know if you accept credit cards as a form of payment. ( Or what type of cards)
They wanna know if you are the owner and they are always in the hospital with some shit.
Weirdly i always get multiple scam emails and text messages (!) at the same day(s) from different numbers and emails. They all say the same stuff with the same spelling errors. Like "I will like know" and "vehicle letting"