• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap vinyl?

Dimension

I am new to digital print and have a customer willing to be my first victim eith a partial wrap:rock-n-roll: I dont want to go cheap on the materials, I am using a Mutoh vj 1204 48" and outputting at 150dpi. What would be some suggestions on vinyl and laminate. also Ill have to apply the laminate manually.... I did say I was starting out and cant afford a laminator.....YET. I do like the sound of some of the air release vinyls. Let me know what u think:help

letterman7

I think you need to search these forums for all the posts available to you about wrapping. Then I think you need to go actually watch someone and learn how to do a wrap correctly before wasting expensive material on your first "victim".

ucmj22

Spend a grand on a laminator, or spend a grand reprinting the vinyl you tried to laminate without one. The choice is yours.

Mosh

Call M.C. Hammer.....Wrap or rap? What? Sounds like you need more experience before you try something like this...

BTW oracal 3551RA with 290 lam is what I use. Little harder than cutting stickers for your racecar.

150 dpi? AAAHHHH.

Do you even have a laminator?

Do you know what you are getting into?

What are you cutting with?

Do you know what app tape is?

I can go on...

JUST SAYING>>>>

Dimension

Call M.C. Hammer.....Wrap or rap? What? Sounds like you need more experience before you try something like this...

BTW oracal 3551RA with 290 lam is what I use. Little harder than cutting stickers for your racecar.

150 dpi? AAAHHHH.

Do you even have a laminator?

Do you know what you are getting into?

What are you cutting with?

Do you know what app tape is?

I've been doing signs and vehicle lettering for about 10 years, with cut vinyl.
some vans I have done had some large coverage areas(similar to a wrap just not printed) My victim is a car dealership that I have done 6 vans in the past
and is willing to let me at this.
Just needed to know what vinyls were easier to work with.

401Graphics

I am new to digital print and have a customer willing to be my first victim eith a partial wrap:rock-n-roll: I dont want to go cheap on the materials, I am using a Mutoh vj 1204 48" and outputting at 150dpi. What would be some suggestions on vinyl and laminate. also Ill have to apply the laminate manually.... I did say I was starting out and cant afford a laminator.....YET. I do like the sound of some of the air release vinyls. Let me know what u think:help
Welcome. I too am a vj 1204 owner. I wouldnt suggest wrapping without a laminator. Look around you might find a used one cheap. I got a used GBC 64 inch for $995
As far as vinyl, def use a air release vinyl. Ive only used Oracal 3951RA with 290 laminate. But im sure there cheaper options. But im sure the cheaper you go the more headache youre gonna have. I plan to switch to 3M controltac eventually. With vehicle wraps you can print as low as 75 dpi. I usually design in 1/10th scale at 750 dpi then when outputting the print i blow it up 1000%
Good luck with your first wrap. Hope all goes well. Take your time doing it. Watch lots of how to videos on youtube.

SignStudent

Welcome. I too am a vj 1204 owner. I wouldnt suggest wrapping without a laminator. Look around you might find a used one cheap. I got a used GBC 64 inch for $995
As far as vinyl, def use a air release vinyl. Ive only used Oracal 3951RA with 290 laminate. But im sure there cheaper options. But im sure the cheaper you go the more headache youre gonna have. I plan to switch to 3M controltac eventually. With vehicle wraps you can print as low as 75 dpi. I usually design in 1/10th scale at 750 dpi then when outputting the print i blow it up 1000%
Good luck with your first wrap. Hope all goes well. Take your time doing it. Watch lots of how to videos on youtube.

You seem to be confusing DPI with PPI. I'd think you're probably printing closer to 720 dpi, but the art may be 75 ppi.

Might I suggest: http://bit.ly/A9TkBN