• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wraping a jeep wrangler

slappy

Okay.. so i've seen wraps on things, but this is my first to get into it. I got a camowrap for our wrangler here at the shop. Do i start at the front or the rear of the vehicle? Any tips or tricks to share???

slappy

i thought i heard before once here to start at the hood and work my way back to the rear.... it's got a softtop on it soe that's not a problem....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Its usually back to front, so your overlaps aren't against your wind-flow, but I don't think it matters much on a jeep.

slappy

the hood i am trying to figure out cause of the camo pattern. If i started at the hood, the side would be a different direction. If i start diagonal on the hood to the headlight... i might have luck with the pattern having unnoticeable difference? I don't understand how to get the pattern to flow in the correct way

slappy

so i'll start back to front... what do you do when you get to the hood then? And how much do i overlap the material?

MikePro

the hood is always its own element... no one will fault you for being a slight-bit off on alignment when you've got a gap between your tiles