• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wraping vinyl from door to wall

ADuke

A customer wants to have large vinyl room numbers running vertically up their walls. The thing is, they want it to start on the wall, wrap the door frame, and finish on the door. Has anyone done this before? Do the numbers need to be extended to have extra material for the curve of the frame so they don't look distorted while looking at them straight on? I have been in the sign industry for 11 years and have not been asked to do this before...looking for any tips, things to consider, problems might run into, application tips, design tips, ect.

derekw13029

The easiest way I would think of doing this would be to make a quick 3d model of the door and frame. Then you can make your numbers both regular size and stretched, wrap them around the frame, then view it from multiple angles.

I've recently started doing more 3d modeling for mock-ups, it may take a little time to set-up, but it's worth it if avoids headaches. And you might be able to throw a mock-up fee in there, too.