• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping A Brick Wall

sinedart

I have a customer that wants to wrap a building which is red brick wall. The size is 120 ft x30 ft. What is the best option to wrap this big wall? Any suggestions, experiences you might have? I was told to do with 3M but another installer told me to do not use because they installed and after a week fail the material, started peeling off. Now the weather is colder so not sure If I should do that because the brick will be more moistened. Any other suggestions? Maybe build a large frame and install with multiple panels? Thanks!

Craig Sjoquist

Hire a real sign painter, plenty up your way to choice from, it will look better, be a better image & last longer & they can work till it gets 25 degrees in case weather happens sooner.

You can also build a frame & attached panels or a banner for a years worth but they both look cheap

fozzie

I'd also check the 3m tech bulletin on the wall vinyl. Recall there is an issue (and no warranty) in frost/freeze zones.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Try 3M 480 for the colder areas, and also you can check out the New HEXIS Stick to anything vinyl. Our installer just did a few jobs with it and he said its way better then any other product he has installed on walls.

Malkin

http://www.alumigraphics.com/cart/pc/home.asp

This product I think would work very well, probably worth requesting a sample.

The material cost is highish (on the order of reflective vinyl) but a huge advantage is the ability to remove it (& recycle!) and still have the bare brick. While I love a handpainted wall mural, once it's painted, it stays that way.

econolinesigns

Just saw that Alumigraphics at SGIA and it was installed outside. No heat install, just uses a roller and hands. 3M installed on a collum and it took about 30 minutes, Alumigraphics installed and it took about 4 minutes.

We are going to get some samples and see what we think.

Just saw that Alumigraphics at SGIA and it was installed outside. No heat install, just uses a roller and hands. 3M installed on a collum and it took about 30 minutes, Alumigraphics installed and it took about 4 minutes.

We are going to get some samples and see what we think.

+1++1+1+1+1 Saw the guy with 3M installing on the brick pillar. Took the guy forever and he had immediate pealing issues. The alumigraphics looked also like it came out a lot cleaner.

Big House Signs

We just finished a job using Alumigraphics smooth. 34ft x 13 ft. We arent the fastest. took us 12 hours.
11.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: a77

flyplainsdrifta

just did a job with the mactac rough rap. that stuff looks like paint on a wall when installed well. big fan. vinyl made for block and brick wall.