• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping a goalie mask

yamaha581

I have one of my dads friends from work who wants us to wrap his kids hockey mask. Ive never done a wrap like that but I have a guy that we help eachother out who has done a few wraps before. The helmet is a vaughn 7500, has anyone on here had any experience wrapping a goalie mask before?

CP Signs

Yep. They are a pain in the rear. I do them one shot. You need a barrell, lights, torch (heat gun) and tons of patience. I print them on 3951RA with 290 lam. Again, patience is key here.

formanek

Piece of cake. Two pieces. 3 if you include the unattached back piece that tightens around the head. Using Avery MPI 1005 EZ. Selecting the material is key. NO primer used. "Fear is the path to the Dark Side." :)

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 145
  • helmet_back.jpg
    helmet_back.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 97

formanek

Printed big panels. Seams are covered with the light sabers on the sides. Two pieces total for the main helmet. The back piece is one more. The entire thing is cleared with automotive clear to save from drops and puck hits.

Sorry Yamaha581 I couldn't get an image into the private message. Others may do these a different way, but this works for me because I don't have to mess around with trying to make different templates for all the other helmets.

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 117