• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping company vehicle into another vehicle

quicksigns

I want to wrap my company vehicle into another vehicle... Like having a picture of another vehicle into my xb and line up the wheels and all. I've seen it done before somewhere, so my question is, is it legal or is it like copyright? I was thinking turning it into a lamborghini or a vw bug or whatever.

Mosh

I did a 57' Chevy in the side of a van once. I took the pic of the Chevy myself. I would guess as long as you had an original pic you would be cool, No one every said anything to me.

The van wheels didn't line up so great, so we squeezed the back end of the 57'. It still looked cool.

GK

Like this correct? Most of the times I see a vehicle used in a brochure or flyer (usually in the car detailing/auto boutique business) they just blur or remove the logos so they aren't standing out because they usually don't have the written consent to use them nor have any affiliation with that company.

Attachments

• 2498goodpaintjob.jpg
    2498goodpaintjob.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 110

quicksigns

yea, something like that. I'm more concern about copying someones "idea" and make it not exact, but similar.

iSign

I'd be more concerned about the actual "value" in the idea, VS. the actual cost for such a novelty... a novelty can have value if it turns heads, gets attention, makes people notice, & talk about it...

...but this idea is extremely old, not original, unrelated to your business... and therefore pretty much worthless, while also being rather expensive... AND even if you are somehow not already tired of a worthless unoriginal old idea... YOU WILL BE, long before the wrap requires replacement... and then you either deal with a wrap you don't like... or you are stuck putting in the time to come up with a truly original idea...

...so cut to the chase, put the time in now & come up with something that will be a source of pride, & a statement of your own originality & something you will not easily tire of... while also striving for a unique eye catching marketing success!

quicksigns

Well, we already have our vehicle wrap and since we've been slow this week, I thaught I change it up, but I guess you're right. I'm just wasting money.

HeavyHitter

I'd be more concerned about the actual "value" in the idea, VS. the actual cost for such a novelty... a novelty can have value if it turns heads, gets attention, makes people notice, & talk about it...

...but this idea is extremely old, not original, unrelated to your business... and therefore pretty much worthless, while also being rather expensive... AND even if you are somehow not already tired of a worthless unoriginal old idea... YOU WILL BE, long before the wrap requires replacement... and then you either deal with a wrap you don't like... or you are stuck putting in the time to come up with a truly original idea...

...so cut to the chase, put the time in now & come up with something that will be a source of pride, & a statement of your own originality & something you will not easily tire of... while also striving for a unique eye catching marketing success!

well said...