• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping rear-view mirror, help.

zm71

Im wrapping a car for self edu.. ive got some problems with wrapping the mirrors, any1 know where to find info/guides about this?
Im using the 3m di-noc carbon fiber, maybe not the best material to start off with. :covereyes:

yes, the mirrors are removed from the car.

and no, its not for a client so relax

thanks a lot...

Mosh

Search on youtube, I saw some cool mirror wrapping on there. Make sure you material is extra big and use lots of heat and pull, but not too hard. They are tricky!

sghobbies

We wrapped the mirrors on a Nissan GTR with carbon fiber dinoc, but we left them on the car. We also did the trunk roof and other accents on the car. The dinoc is pretty easy to work with. Just start as close as you can from the center of the mirror and work outward. Do be careful when heating and or stretching though, it's fairly easy to distort the pattern/texture.

Attachments

• GTR1.jpg
    GTR1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 173
  • GTR2.jpg
    GTR2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 94
  • GTR3.jpg
    GTR3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 88
  • GTR4.jpg
    GTR4.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 78

"Deposit Please"

Who says someone was getting all worked up...i think you need to relax and calm down.
Mosh is right. Go to youtube and you will findah. You can even type in Di-noc Carbon Fiber and findah

sghobbies

Here is another shot. He actually road races that car. Sorry, didn't mean to steal your thread.

Attachments

• GTR5.jpg
    GTR5.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 87

sghobbies

Attachments

• GTR6.jpg
    GTR6.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 90

Wrapture

Funny I clicked on this. Here's what was in our parking lot 2 hours ago. Very, very cool cars.

Attachments

• GTRs.jpg
    GTRs.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 96

megacab

been doing a ton of carbon fiber pieces lately......heat, heat, and patience are your friend. take your time and you should be fine.

CheapVehicleWrap

It'll take you a few. All good advice. One thing when you first start playing with it, even with primer you'll take your time and finish what you think is a perfect install even post heat only to see it finger the next day after the sun hits it. So even though you didn't mess up the pattern you still overstretch it etc. As little tension as possible and like Mosh said, big pieces. Def a job you want to do for fun as you are a few times.