• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping textured parts

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
As long as it is fairly flat you can us Graphics Guru's method. Don't for get to post heat. Shapes like bumpers or others you have to stretch, forget about it.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I would rather stay away from any plastics but it's always a hit or miss. I wrapped a dodge caravan two days ago. 3M was sticking on the rubber window seals like crazy. I startet to wrap them up because why not, then the last rubber piece was not sticky. I had NO idea why. I ended up ripping off the other pieces.
Avery came out with a new material that is actually made for plastics. Its called 1106 HT ( hi tack)
You can try that. It is expensive compared to 1105 and to be honest with you the tackiness was super super similar to 3m ij180cv3.
The reason I don't like adhesive promoters on plastic because eventually it needs to come off. You will ruin all plastics with any glue remover chemical.

ExecuPrintGS

We don't touch them and we definitely do not use primer 94 on them.
I'm not going to pay for new plastics when they want the wrap removed and the primer has wrecked the plastics.

AKwrapguy

So there are a few things that you can try. I wrap a lot of plastic textured snowmachine parts and I've had pretty good luck with 3mIJ180 CV3 with the primer 94. One thing that I also do is use a heat gun and to post heat and use a wrap glove or soft roller to go over it while I'm post heating so that you can see the texture through the vinyl. I've had guy run the Iron Dog race and they stay on. From what I understand 3M has just come out with a digital print material with air-release specifically for low impact plastic. maybe reach out to your rep and try to get a sample roll...