• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping the inside of a vehicle?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have two upcoming projects for wrapping the inside of box ambulances. I know "in theory" how I think I am going to go about it, but would love to hear from someone else who has done it before. Has anyone?

It seems like just about all flat surfaces, but making everything meet up on 4 sides and the roof sounds a little tricky. The cabinet "protrusions" seem like they'll be a PITA though...

(yes, we're wrapping the outside also)

4R Graphics

Never done anything like that.

I do remember reading about doing 6 sided box designs for shipping stuff in a illustrator tutorial.

I would do a search for something like designing graphics for boxes or something.

I dont remember the name of the book I think it was something like Using illustrator at work or something of that nature it was a CS2 version book.

found a link to something that may help.

http://www.claytowne.com/beats-digg...te-a-dieline-for-your-product-package-design/

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have done the inside of a car and the inside of a large part of a huge trailer. The trailer was really no different than doing the outside. The car was a very complex install over a lot of custom fiberglass interior bits.

While we do a ton of ambulances I've never been requested to do anything really on the inside other than standard no smoking, oxygen in use decals, etc. There are a LOT of obstacles. Be careful removing certain things like the Ohmeda O2 wall plates, those often have the O2 lines crimped onto the back which you will not be able to reconnect if you remove the crimp. Also the face on those plates has the front valve attached with a longish brass tube going into the wall half of it with an o-ring seal. It's fine to remove that part but make sure to then protect the part still on the wall so nothing gets into the orifice and protect the brass tube on the plate you remove. There will be 2 tiny o-rings as well, if one falls or gets lost dont worry - those are just to retain the 2 screws and do not actually seal anything... A lof of the handles, vents, windows trim, etc can also often be removed pretty easily but it varies from brand to brand of ambulance.

As far as making the design meet at corners, if possible make it blend with some generic pattern, color etc where one side meets another. If there is a stripe at least try to make sure it has a consistent width where it might meet another side and tape it all up to make sure they line up before starting to apply.

jfiscus

Rap Master
This will be a "park" theme graphic. As if they are laying on a park bench instead of a cot; with trees, grass, sky, etc. It is for a hospice company and the patients don't like taking that ride home in an ambulance, so they're trying to make it more comfortable for them. I'm not doing the artwork, they have an artist/painter hired to do the artwork, which I will scan in and modify to work from there. (fun fun)

The guys in our shop will be doing all of the dis-assembly/re-assembly for me; as they do it every day & know how everything works.

jfiscus

Rap Master
sounds like a major PITA, have you considered having a mural artist paint it instead of wrapping it?

While the job will be expensive enough, a mural artist would be even pricier & take longer to finish once the truck arrives from the factory.

Haakon

This will be a "park" theme graphic. As if they are laying on a park bench instead of a cot; with trees, grass, sky, etc. It is for a hospice company and the patients don't like taking that ride home in an ambulance, so they're trying to make it more comfortable for them. I'm not doing the artwork, they have an artist/painter hired to do the artwork, which I will scan in and modify to work from there. (fun fun)

The guys in our shop will be doing all of the dis-assembly/re-assembly for me; as they do it every day & know how everything works.

Design the wrap so there is even blue sky all around where the sides meet the roof part, and you have saved yourself a lot of trouble lining it all up. Just put most of the clouds in the roof section, and maybe some small ones towards the top of the sides, but a clean blue sky all around where the parts meet.

You need to tell this to the artist/painter :)

formanek

Ceilings suck. I had to do this one alone and it is not fun. Make sure you charge A LOT!

Attachments

• ceiling.jpg
    ceiling.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 73