• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping with Digimask?

SIGNTIME

I have a trailer wrap to install next week. The trailer is 53' and cannot be moved inside. I have a some concerns with wrapping outside in the 80+ degrees in the sun with stretching and what not. I am think of masking the graphics with "digimask" top right on page 117 in fellers. It is clear, low tack app tape that stays rigid "especially in hot weather". Has anyone used this tape and would care to share their experience, or does anyone have any other suggestions to put my mind at ease?

Nuagedesigns

I have not used it but would suggest against it. Never a fan of wrapping trailers with premask. We had this issue last summer with a fleet of trailers. My suggesstion is to install in the early day time before the heat gets to hot and stay away from direct sunlight and then finish up on the other side or when the temp cools off again later in the day.

App tape is ok but there always seems to be a lot of little bubbles to work out. I agree that a night time install is probably easiest.

If you have to install the trailer during the day try to make sure to work on the side with shade or move the vehicle into shade. In my experience the sun heating the vinyl is more of a problem than the ambient temp.