• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help WRITE PORT ERROR on Roland XJ-540

trenchbrothers

I've got a Roland XJ-540. I use both Flexi and Versaworks, and I keep getting WRITE PORT ERRORs during print. Im using an ethernet cable to connect directly to my computer. Connections are good at both ends, no damage in the chord in between. my firmware is up to date. What else do I need to check? Or maybe just go get a new ethernet chord any ways and try that??

RustyNZ

Hello, your Windows device manager and cutter/rip software bit/baud rates do not match or are to slow. Here is a link to walk you through the device manager, you just have to locate the settings in Versaworks.
http://www.cutterpros.com/download/flexi-cr630-setup-write-port-error.pdf
OP said they are using ethernet so I do not think this applies, good info though.

Check the IP of your printer has not changed, also check in Production Manager that the port for the Roland is still setup to TCP/IP (or whatever they call it in there). I have issues with some of my cutters in FlexiSign the port keeps reverting to 'File:' not sure if FlexiPrint is the same if that's what you are using. If it happens from Versa and Flexi then it's less likely a setting in the software and more likely some kind of communication issue.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would say change the cord to rule it out. Normally when connections are in and out it's because of a bad cable or piece of hardware. If the new cord doesn't help then you might have a bad network card on the comp or printer. Also, as stated above. Makes sure the IP settings on the printer and computer are not reverting back to a default or something like that.