• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Write port error

Bingham Signs

Write port error message in Flexi production manager after sending prints. Stops printing at random times during print. Others I see have had this problem, but not seeing answers

Bingham Signs

Reset wireless router. Jiggled cables. Shutdown computer overnight. Prints some things thru, then get to something I really need done and it shut down on me again. No freaking answers from anybody other than try this and try that. Called my great customer service guy in Minneapolis and get the same runaround.
Why doesn't anybody follow up anymore on the customers end. Would be nice if someone sells you a $30,000 setup and you have problems, if they would give you a SIMPLE call back to see if your problem is solved. NO SUCH THING ANYMORE THESE DAYS. I have been in business for 23 years and 7 years pryor to that employed in a sign shop. Never have I run into so much grief as the past year with a new printer and the lack of help in instruction. Very dissappointed in the whole process. I will accept that alot of it is my lack of understanding of technology. I also try too much to figure things out by myself and not ask questions, but when I do reach out and nobody is there......very frustrating. Seriously thinking about selling right now

AdvertiseIt

The last year the same thing happened to me using a cutter with flexi; I wasted a lot of material and finally on internet someone answered about the static produced by the vinyl moving thru the rods, which at some point was killing the info from the pc to the printer (USB connection) the solution was simple and was to place underneath the vinyl from side to side of the machine a cord (like the ones to tie your shoes), attached by screws on each side. It worked for me no more headaches nor wasted vinyl because the machine was cutting erratic most of the times. try it to see what happens...

LittleSnakey

Ditch the wireless router and run a cat5e cable

This may not be easy for you but should clear up the problem.

or buy a better wireless router....and even the best one may not work for the amount of data you need to transfer.

reset the wireless router and so far has been printing the full print. Maybe a simple fix. We'll keep you posted

BobCap

Have you tried a UPS on the printer?

I had all kinds of stopping in the middle of a job. Now the only problems I have is when I send a screwed up file.

I use Flexi 8.6 a Mutoh VJ1203 and a Graphtec 8000.

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert, MN

Bingham Signs

I have considered hard wiring and have the cable here to do so. I don't know what the settings are that need changed after that and when I called the salesmen about that, he didn't seem to want me to do that, at least he didn't offer to walk me thru it. I'll try that to see if it cures the problem and post the answer later. I'm just not sure that I want to proceed with this technology anymore though. Fix this problem now and just wait for the next one to happen?

Pretty discouraged, but thank you very much for the replies. Now back to wrapping a stock car that doesn't pay *%#& !

hansman

I would never trust a wireless connection for a large print, Cat 5 cable to standard router is the fix here as some have said above.